breast feeding question...

Silly questions but i feel like i am still doing a bit of guess work with breast feeding! Baby is gaining weight nicely so obviously getting what he needs but a few things. Firstly as i don't know my ass from my elbow at the moment does it matter that i never remember which breast is next so just go for the one that feels more full? Second, how do you know when one breast is done and to go on to next one? Third, i only pumped a couple of times and it made me produce more milk so if i pump regularly to start storing it will i produce more and more? Thanks!

Comments

• 1, i always forgot which boob was next so goin for the fuller one makes sense.
    2, i would change boob when baby would fall asleep or pull off the first boob.
    3, yes, the more you pump/feed the more you make :-) hope that helps xx
  • ^^^^ great answers. Also I will add that now I can usually just feel my boob and know which one I fed off of last...but in the beginning I used a tiny hair clip and clipped it to the boob I was nursing on then I would know for the next feeding.
  • I ment clipped it to my bra on the side I was nursing on at that time**** lol
  • @Lyndsay1983 @ashley_smashLey & @kristaf22 thanks for your help! Lol i was thinking hair clip on the nip too! Sounds like i am on the right track then, just keep getting told diff things and its all a bit of trial and error shoving nipples in babies face when he is crying lol! Next stop, trying to make him take a bottle again which he won't do so i don't waste any more milk! Last time i expressed he wouldn't take it so i ended up using a feeding syringe and he loved that.. Easy eating i guess!
  • Lmao I thought of clip on nipple too. I just feel for the fuller side, even walking through the store I catch myself doing it lol
  • Medela makes a yellow rubber braclet with 1-12 on it. You put a circle over the time you started the feeding and put it on the wrist on the side that you startef with. Just switch wrists and mark the time with every feeding. It was less than $2.00 and it came in very handy for me during the first sleep deprived 6-8 weeks.
  • Yeah I always feel which side is fuller. Even in public when I'm not thinking. You should see the looks I get. Lol. Also you don't have to nurse on both sides in one feeding. I just do one side per feeding, its a lot easier to keep track of.