do you think daycare will take her?

edited January 2012 in Current Events
So still no luck with getting my lo to take the bottle. Its been 5 weeks of trying. I'm now down too waiting until she naps for about 2 hours and then sneaking her the bottle while shes still sleep so she will take it. Well Tuesday will make it 3 weeks ago that I was suppose to return to work. Bills are getting behind and I NEED to return to work soon. Do you think a daycare will take her with the way she is about a bottle? Any daycare workers here that can give me their policy on it? Thank you.

Comments

• Try leaving the room and letting a person she had never seen try to bottle feed her maybe she will take it better because she is out of her comfort zone
  • @preggointx we have seriously already tried it all.
  • Good luck hun. I hope she takes the bottle soon. I thank god that I dont need to work cause I would of been screwed mine didnt take a bottle til 4 months
  • Ask the daycare if they will do a test week. It will also give you a good insight about them. A good daycare will try to help you out. Tell them whats going on.
  • @proudmommy8789 how old was your lo when you started trying?
  • I started at 6 weeks. But I even tried once at 2 weeks and she wasnt having it. And I gave up for a while. Then at 4 months I tried the bottle and she toke it
  • @MOM2ING that's what I'm afraid of. Idk what I'm gonna do ~X(
  • @proudmommy8789 I wish my lo would just take it. Ive been trying every single day for 5 weeks now. She gets 5 bottles a day and she still fights and screams for 30 minutes before she takes it. Is very stressful. Especially since I was suppose to BEEN back at work.
  • I know you say you've tried everything under the sun, but have you tried faster or slower drip nipples?? Have you tried heating is up less or more (maybe she doesn't like the temp of the milk)? Have you tried the nipple shield while BF so that she gets used to that silicone feeling? Just trying to think outside the box LOL.
  • Yes..yes..and yes. Lol. I wish I could have said no. Lol
  • Wow!!! Talk about a lil diva LOL! She is stubborn...maybe she is just getting all the stubbornness out now as opposed to her adolescent years LOL
  • @lilsugarsmomma but she will drink water from a bottle with no problem! I dnt understand her. :-?
    Shes VERY stubborn! Lol
  • edited January 2012
    I was thinking about going back to work when she was 3 months... shes 6 months now.

The daycare center said not to worry they'll work with her just send the right amount of pumped milk. But I never decided to go back.

Buy when she was 4.5 months I had my tubes tide and couldn't nurse all day. Finally after my mom took her out of the room I was in... She took it .

As long as I was there she refused.

My doctor said (when I was concerned about having my tubes tide and Haylee not taking a bottle. ) he said babys are "human" they have a survival instinct that will kick in when they get hungry enough.... and it did
  • @YNVTish ive been told so many times that baby will eat when hungry. I just cant decide yet if thats true. Lol. My lo went 8.5 hours without eating and was STILL fighting the bottle. I finally had to give in
  • daycare will take her I work at one & we had children who had bottle issues but not every daycare is the same. the first week is hard but eventually she will understand when she is at daycare she needs to eat from bottles if ahe wants to eat & when she is at home she can have mommy :) so dont worry just call & ask what she needs to be admitted & if they dont say she needs to be good with a bottle you should be fine. dont tell the workers too much about how hard it is to feed her you dont want them to think oh her mom said she is like that. let them figure her out & hear there feedback on how she did. they will probly think she isnt eating because she is adjusting.. just remember dont give to much info on her bottle issues :) she will adjust
  • @moodymommie should I not say anything at all about her bottle issues?
  • there shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think. I mean you might just have to tell them to try feeding her while she is sleeping too until she gets use to it!
  • I'm new here and never posted before. I saw this thread and decided to share what I know. My name is Marsha and I have 12 yrs childcare experience in a center setting.
    They will definitely take her with bottle issues. The teachers should work with her as much as possible and get her in a routine of eating, sleeping and playing- if you don't already have her on one.
    The easiest thing for you and as a teacher is to write down the schedule she is on, things you know she likes as well as dislikes and go from there. Call 20 times a day to check on her!
    I can't speak for all daycares but the corporate one I worked at also offered a free first day to see how you and the baby handled the day. Lots of pictures were taken- with your consent of course and lots of parent activities to get you involved.
    Good luck!!
  • edited January 2012
    @grneyedmommy oh thats great. I wish I lived where your daycare is. Lol. Maybe I can find one like that here.
  • I asked my mom (she has Been a daycare provider for almost 30 years) if she would take a baby like that. She said yes cause the baby WILL take a bottle if she gets hungry enough! She says it takes some time but she will realize she's still getting the good bm she usually gets from the tap! Find one you like and just let them know what's going on and if they wont take her cause of that then they prolly shouldn't be doing daycare! It's part of the job!
  • @bigbelly im just so afraid they will say she is a high need baby once they get her and not want to take her. But I guess youre right it is their job & its not like I havent tried because I seriously have.
  • I think you should tell them how often she eats & you can mention she is having issues but dont put too much info in there heads you want them to learn her & her schedual howthey are at daycare is completly dif from home
  • @mimii36 where do you live?
  • In north carolina
  • Check out KinderCare or Knowledge Learning Centers. I know they will be a lil different, I'm from MI and now live in KY, but the reputation is good. Let me know if find one close and I can check with my friend who is a director in MI and get the dish.
  • Omg we have one about 15 minutes from my house. Its in the opposite direction of my job but it its worth it then I don't mind. @grneyedmommy
  • @grneyedmommy do you remember how the prices were at yours. It seems like it would be one of the more expensive daycares.
  • What type of bottles have you tried? I breastfeed and use the tommee tippee bottles when I pump. They are supposed to be shaped more like your nipple and my daughter loves them. Just make sure the valve is open before first use or the nipple will collapse.
  • @ready2bmommy all of them. Lol but seriously I have. Its not the bottle she doesnt like. She likes drinking water out the bottle. Just not milk. She wants that from the source. Lol.
  • @Mimi36 unfortunately every center.has.different rates and they raise every yr. They do except state assistance and it depends on the neighborhood too. When I left my last center it was $241 a week for full time infant- 2 1/2 yr olds. That was definitely a higher end neighborhood though.