little boy parts.....please help!

edited January 2012 in Babies Health
My son is almost six weeks old. He is circumcised. I just noticed when changing him that his "little buddy" is a very dark purple....but only on the head. I changed him about an hour ago and it was normal. Can anybody tell me if this is normal? Hes a little fussy but he doesn't really react when I touch it.

Comments

• Bentley's head of his penis is always a light purple :/
  • My son is 5 months old and his goes through phases too. I'm sure its normal.
  • No hairs. I'm glad he's not the only one lol I was scared it was going to fall off or something :-? Gotta love the stuff that crosses your mind as a ftm

• My sons does that to sometimes
  • My sons does that too. I notice it more after his bath.
  • My sons does it too! Freaked me out at first...hubby said its fine and to not worry. :/
  • It could be cold
  • Well I'm relieved....but still curious why it happens lol.
  • my little guys will some times be a light blue color i even called the nurses at my doctors office about it lol i think she thought i was nuts :) happy to hear my lo isnt alone.....
  • My son still gets like that and he is 2 he mostly gets like that when his little soldier is cold
  • Not sure mine arnt done how long ago did u have it done its not trying to retract is it I read a post the it can do that
  • @wyattsmommy gotta love men! When my bd saw it he freaked out saying little man had a boner. Lol Thats all he talked about for like an hour after that...how his son is starting young.

@cheekyerin it was done in the hospital when he was three days old before we got to go home. you read that their little buddies can retract?
  • edited January 2012
    @alwayzbeenurz2008 I was going to call the emergency room before I decided to post on here to see what you ladies thought lol. Glad I didn't they probably would have laughed at me.
  • My 1st sons did that...I took him to the ER just for the Dr to tell me it was fine! Lol
  • Did the Dr. Tell you why it happens?
  • I was going ro post this same question. Mine is a week old and his is purple as well. Also does anyone know if its normal for skin to be peeling on it? Its not red or painful looking on the shaft where its peeling but its freaking me out