Acne help! Can I use proactive?

edited January 2012 in Pregnant
Wanted to know what everyone is doing as far as their acne? My skin looks terrible but I'm scared to try proactive or other skin products during pregnancy. I've tried some herbal things my mom suggested but nothing seems to work and the further along I get with my pregnancy, the more pimples, zits, and redness occurs :( Ive never had acne scars...and now I do. Help!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • There r some products that r safe but many acne products r not safe. Id ask a doc first.
  • Yah I think they say to avoid products with salicylic acid during pregnancy. I asked my doctor and all she tells me is to wait it out..that it'll get better once the baby comes :( but it's just getting so embarrassing
  • No acne products during pregnancy what so ever. They contain retinol which can be dangerous.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ya my face is so bad to i hate it
  • Coconut oil! Extra virgin organic
  • I'd stay away from it still...........
  • try neosporin it helped me. but I didnt know I wasnt supposed to use acne products when I was preggo oops.
  • I used proactive during my pregnancy. Let them know your pregnant and you need sensitive system. It worked wonders
  • Thanks ladies...I didnt know proactive had a sensitive system! Im going to look into that. Have another doctor appointment coming up this week...If my doc just blows over the topic again, im thinking of seeing a dermatologist... maybe!
  • My gyno said proactive was OK to use while pregnant! :-bd