cervical scarring

edited January 2012 in Pregnant
@homebirthadvocate I'm wondering if you've ever had any women with cervical scar tissue. I've had a few procedures on my cervix, most invasive was a laser conization and a d&c. I've had a lot of cervical pain throughout my pregnancy, however, it's gotten nearly unbearable these last few weeks. Moving from laying to sitting to standing or even just rolling over sends horrible stabbing pains through my cervix; almost as if it's being torn. Is it possible that scar tissue is preventing dilation and stalling labor? (Lots of cramps & back pain with inconsistent contractions)

Comments

• I was just thinking, it may not be cervical pain? Baby could possibly be on a nerve (kind of feels like lightning in your vagina), or pubic dysfunction maybe (I had that and the doctor gave me a belly band, kind of like a huge girdle to support the baby's weight). It felt like I was tearing inside everytime I moved.
  • @fate I wish it were that, but it's definitely cervical. I recognize that specific pain from having the procedures done. My cervix is also very tender when being checked, which didn't happen with my son until I was nearly 10 cms. The conization removed a quarter of my cervix and when I had a mc, my cervix didn't dilate...it's bound to be damaged.
  • @mama2be11_4_11 @fate I realize I failed to mention that I am 39w3d. I am 2cm dilated, but haven't progressed despite pressure and contractions. The cervical pain is nearly constant and it doesn't matter what position I am in. It's enough to make me yell out sometimes or double me over.
  • That's how I was. I cried all the time. Very painful. I started getting it around 30 weeks.
  • @misskristin I have a ton of scar tissue on my cervix from 2 leeps and a cone biopsy. It caused my cervix to be stenotic and I couldn't get pregnant for 2+ yrs, until they started dilating my cervix. My docs told me not to worry about l&d that I would be fine. I had to get an epi after I was stuck at a 3 for hours, so the doc could go in and manually break up scar tissue. After that I went really fast. I'm glad I didnt have to feel them doing it. They refused to do it without the epi. So, yes, you might not dilate, depending on the amount of scar tissue. But the docs can help you along.
  • @misskristin I forgot to mention that I was induced. And I was at a 3 for 3 wks. In labor for 5hrs plus, maxed out the pit and finally went in to break it up. I was happy to deliver vaginally!
  • This also is not my first baby and I was induced with my son as I sat at 2cms for 3 weeks. I did read about manually breaking up the scar tissue, I hope that is an option if I need it. All of the procedures were done after my son and I'm not overly worried, I just don't want to be forced into a c-section because they didn't check.
  • @misskristin Sounds exactly like me. All of my procedures were done after my first son too. You shouldn't have to have a csection because of it, unless it is extreme. Good luck!
  • I personally haven't had a client with that but I myself had my cervix frozen and a chunk taken out. I know not totally similar to you but it didn't cause any labor issues.
    Hopefully you can get the scar tissue broken up
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks ladies! I won't get to ask my doc until Thursday, but I am hopeful that someone will take the time to give me the advantage of a vaginal delivery should there be scarring.
  • I swore i had pain in my cervix,felt like baby had a knife inside me and was stabbing me,turned out to be spd and have had it in last 3 pregnancys and have just started to get it again in this pregnancy,it was agony when the baby moved and when i moved