she was unbuckled!!

edited January 2012 in Babies
So last night it was starting to snow but we HAD to go out. I am the only one that can drive. While I was getting ready bd put baby in her car seat. We got going and after about 10 mins baby started fussing, then few mins later full on crying. The snow was getting bad and it was hard to see, and with that and baby crying I was getting so stressed I had to pull over to calm her down. I got into the back seat and pulled her blanket off thinking maybe she was too hot...and that's when I saw that she was unbuckled. O.M.G. I freaked out and started crying. All the what if's started racing through my head. It was dark, snowy and slippery. IF we were to get into an accident she could have been very seriously injured.
So this morning I woke up with a headache and tummy ache, pretty sure its from stressing about this so much last night. Bd sure got an ear full last night! What made it worse is that he really didn't show any concern at all :( I hope he was just masking his feelings...

Comments

• Needless to say, I will be double checking her straps EVERY time we go out
  • We have accidently did that once before. I felt really bad also but I was a total accident. Me and bf both felt bad.
  • I forgot to buckle the bottom once I only had the top on cuz I was feeding her in the store & put her in the carseat to chill so I could shop & when we got to the car I forgot to strap the bottom! I always double check now
  • I did this once w my first and i cried about it for a week. Now, u will always remember. Its so easy to get distracted. Thankfully all is ok, right. Dont beat urself up over it. I will admit it does haunt me almoat 7 years later... Im all about saftey.
  • My bd has a bit of autism and even he knows and remembers to buckle her
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @jdensma i know right lol
  • Wow. I mean accidents happen! Even the smartest person in the world can make a mistake!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have done that once but sure made me be more careful I just double check from now on. Try not to stress out bc you and the baby are safe just take it as a, learning step thats all, I agree we all make mistakes. Just focus on the positive that nothing happened.
  • My mom forgot to buckle my daughter up the day we left the hospital after I had her. Everyone makes mistakes.
  • I think I freaked out so much because of the road conditions. If it was clear and not so slippery I might not have reacted like I did
  • My cousin forgot to buckle her daughter one time, we were going to the beach, she had made a sharp turn and the carseat tipped over. Luckily the baby was okay and started giggling. My cousin on the other hand had almost had a heart attack.
  • @Veevee that would be so scary! in my case the seat belt for her was unbuckled. the seat itself was locked into the base thank God
  • Don't feel bad! I borrowed my mom's car to go visit her and her husband at this lake they were camping at. The roads up to this lake are real steep with sharp turns. It was getting dark and my daughter started screaming, I figured it was just her being her normal, car seat hating self so I continued to concentrate on the road. Pull in to the campsite, open the door to get her out, and her car seat is completely tipped over on it's side!! Base and all and my daughter is practically hanging there!! needless to say I freaked out and started bawling, I felt soooo bad! I refused to let my baby go back into my mom's car until she went and got the car seat properly installed. Still makes me mad just typing this lol!
  • Hibby and I have each done it once. It was a total accident... It happens...
  • Ive done it. I was in shock when I got home and saw she was buckled onlt with the middle one. I forgot :/
  • I think the reaction would bug me the most. Like, she could have died--bd BETTER care!
  • We as humans will make mistakes...naturally. I've forgotten to strap baby in completely before, but after that I felt so bad, and started double checking. I'd be a little...okay a lot of concerned that bd had no reaction...:-/
  • Hubby and I have each done it once. I felt horrible, but we both know to check every time now! It happens to the best of us, momma.
  • I've done it once also. We were at a friends house for dinner, he was sitting in his carseat after I fed him because they didn't have anything else for him to sit in. He has a blanket on and when it was time to go, I just grabbed the seat and put it in the car. When we got home, I went to take him out and saw he wasn't buckled. Omg I felt horrible.
  • My hubbie once left the base unbuckled I didn't know untill I got where I was going it happens now I check before
  • edited January 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.