im so fn p/o and feel so horrible

edited January 2012 in Parenting
I know a lot of us here are full time workers and that for some of us our parents watch the baby full time while being at work.. well thats how it is for me. Tues im off and i live with my mom. So my 3.5 mo old had a bottle about 815 and started fussing again, i guessed because he was tired. He cried a lot and my mom comes in and takes him put him in his chair, and got his baby food out. I told ger i got it and she said wait a min so she stared feeding him. I was like wtf. That is my fucking kid not yours. I didbt tell her that but after a few more bites she was like ok here you go. I said no you wanna feed him then you do it. So i got a couple of ounces of milk and left the room. Idt my kid even knows who i am. When he tries to play peekaboo he looks at her, when i sit down he looks for her.. i have to work, theres nothing i can do about it. Im so depressed cause i wanna spend my time with him but i cant. Now its as if she takes over. I dont know how what i can do...

Comments

• Take him out on your days off. Go for a walk or the zoo... shopping anything. Just you and him. If weather is cold maybe just shutting yourself in the room for a few hours for some mommy baby time.
  • Sounds like my worst nightmare! Have you talked to your mum? I have massive issues with separation from my two month old so i can't imagine how you are coping but your mum should be making the effort to make him know who is who. She could show him pictures of you while your at work and not interfere when you are there! Good luck hope it gets better x
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My mom helps me a lot too when i have to work but I've had to tell her "yes thank u for all your help but I'm here now so its mommy time" and she understands bcuz she's a mom.too and she hated sharing us! I would say just be honest with her about how u feel but be respectful and appreciative toi...some grandmas just love the babies so much that they can't keep their paws off them... also i think it makes grandparents feel like they have a purpose again to help with the babies
  • My hubs works in Wyoming mon to fri so we only see him on wknds so i have a lil picture book with his pics in it and she loves looking at them and she always seems to remember him when he gets home: )
  • @mommyof4boys @bellareust @rileyandme @three_cats_n_a_baby thanks for yall reply.. im feeling a little better. My mom came and talked to me and apologized because she realized what she did. At least she isnt doing it to be mean..i was going to go to the park today but ill have to wait maybe this weekend since the weather sucks.. he doesnt know his dad at all either...my husband has never been there for us..