Any1 tried Reglan?

edited January 2012 in Breastfeeding
I didn't breastfeed my two older girls, but I was determined to only breastfeed my Lo this time around.

It seems everything has kept me from doing so from going to ICU after delivery to being seperated from her again due to hospitalization bc of pancreatitis. My milk never really came in so I tried Fenugreek, but that didn't help much. I've been prescribed Reglan but the side effects I read are CRAZY! I've only taken it today so we'll see...

HAS ANYONE ELSE USED IT? DID IT HELP? I NEED SOME CONFIRMATION THAT THE GOOD OUTWEIGHS THE POSSIBILITY OF THE BAD....

Comments

• I wanted it but my doc wont prescribe it.
  • I tried it for two weeks and had horrible side effects. It only made me produce an extra half ounce a pumping session to. I take domperidone now. Its not sold in the US, so you have to get it online. It doesnt cross the blood/brain barrier so there are no side effects. It has helped alot. I only have to supplement with 1 bottle of formula at night.
  • It is very closely related to Zoloft, the antidepressant, so if you have poor reactions to psychiatric drugs, this isnt the one for you.
  • I took it for a few months. Did crazy things to me. I had involuntary jerking in my hands, feet, and face. Never again!
  • Btw I took it for stomach issues before I ever even thought about getting pregnant. It did increase my prolactin level though. They thought I had a tumor in my brain it was so high. After leaking milk, they sent me for an MRI and thankfully, it was just the Meds.