Whats for dinner??

edited January 2012 in Pregnant
Tonight we had pork chops, butter and herb mashed potatoes, buttered bread, and fried green beans. So yummy.

Comments

• yum! how do you make fried green beans? and we had vegitable beef stew
  • Sounds good, but I've never heard of fried green beans? We had chik~fil~a chicken nuggets and oreo milk shakes!
  • Coney dogs and fries...I really didn't feel like cooking lol
  • Steak, mashed potatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower mmmm and brownies! =P~
  • I made Slow-Baked Macaroni & Cheese. Here's the recipe-

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups milk

One 12 oz can evaporated milk (I used skim, evaporated milk keeps the egg and milk from curdling)

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, cooled to room temp

3 large eggs

1/2 tsp salt

3 cups (12 oz) shredded cheese (I used an Italian blend)

1/2 pound elbow macaroni or mini penne tubes, par cooked and drained (this means cook them for about five minutes until tender but not completely cooked)

Freshly ground black pepper to taste

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

1. Spray the inside of your slow-cooker with cooking spray or grease it with olive oil. Combine milk, evaporated milk, eggs, butter, and salt in slow-cooker and whisk until until smooth (or you can use an immersion blender to do the whisking for you). 2. Add the shredded cheese (not the Parmesan) and macaroni, sprinkle with black pepper (and whatever other spices you want to use). Stir gently with a spatula to coat evenly. 3. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, reduce the temperature to LOW and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until custard is set in the center and the pasta is tender.
  • Porkchops dipped in cinnimon apple sauce
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I really want to try that mac n cheese now. Lol. Fried green beans is easy. I make it with steak or pork. After u finish cooking your meat in the pan.....thrpw in a can of green beans. Season to taste. Somple as that
  • I want to try the mac and cheese too.
  • @tryinghard19 @Jaxmommy81011 You ladies won't regret it! I forgot to add that I put some bacon bits in it (from the bag not the jar) and it added some great flavor to it!
  • my homeade potato salad, corn on the cob and bbq ribs with hubbys homeade rub. And Ice cream cake. It was hubbys gma's 81st bday.
  • edited January 2012
    @tryinghard19 you don't need a test to say your pregnant.. that meal says it all.

It sounds Yummy!

It was a lazy night for me.. I cook 6 days and rest on fridays. We had KFC!
  • @ynvtish that made me laugh. I'm watching a movie called food inc rifgt now. I think imma lose all my yummy food :(
  • @tryinghard19 how many months are you?
  • 7w 2d. Mc in nov. Got pregnant over christmas @ynvtish
  • Food Inc is good so is food matters on netflix
  • @bahamamama4828 I just watched the little boy that died
  • @molly I am a huge homemade mac and cheese fan I'll have to try that one yummm.
  • @rjr33 You'll love it then! You can also brown some bread crumbs and layer those on top if you like more texture to your mac and cheese.
  • We had mac and cheese with how Italian savages chopped up in it. :-)
  • @VLCMCHK13 Italian savages or sausage? If it was Italian sausage I have never tried that with mac and cheese but will have to next time. ;)

I had some extra bacon bits lying around so I threw that in my mac and cheese but now I just have to try it with sausage!
  • edited January 2012
    Haha. Didn't notice it put savages but yes sausages Haha it was really good. We had some macs and cheese a while ago that was a four cheese blend and was like hickory seasoned I added bratwurst to it man was it awesome. @Molly