I think I'm leaving the breastfeeding club soon...

edited January 2012 in Breastfeeding
I started working full time three weeks ago. I breastfed as much as I could when I was at home which was usually at nights and in the morning but suddenly it seems like I'm not making enough to even do that anymore. I hate buying formula. I hate how the label on the formula says "breastfeeding is best". Just a reminder that I can't do it anymore which makes me so sad.

Comments

• why not pump. take fenugreek, its a lot cheaper than formula. pump every 2 hours.
  • Aww don't be upset, it happens. Do u pump at all? On every break and lunch? Do you have access to fluids/snacks whenever you want?
    If you pump, your body just might not respond well to it but baby gets enough.
    (Sorry just throwing suggestions out there!) :)
  • I can't pump at work. There is no private place for me to do so.

I haven't tried fenugreek. I might look into it if I'm not dried out by morning! Oh my, formula is soooo expensive. A container of Enfamil is $25 :O
  • The fenugreek does work! Just keep hydrated! Oh, and don't take the liquid form of fenugreek....it's NASTY! Lol.

Also, I could be wrong but I think your work place is required by law to provide a private place for you to pump.
  • Yes it is required by law! But what state do you live in?
  • Yes there's something called reverse cycling as well.
  • I work two jobs over full time & at first it was hard but i used mothers milk lactation teas & fenugreek and it really helped, i am a bartender so sometimes have to pump in my car...its hard sometimes but soo worth it
  • My place of work doesn't have a private place for me to pump, so I go home to pump. They have to let you pump.