Circumcision question

edited February 2012 in Health
I don't know what I'm having yet but I was just wondering how many ladies have gotten their sons circumcised vs. not. I've read how they do it and in a way, its torture to me but I can see how it would benefit the child. How many have or haven't and why? Thanks!

Comments

• I haven't had either of my boys done. I did my research.
    Tread carefully on this subject, many people will justify why or whynot for their boys lol.
    I have a few links i can inbox you so you can make an informed decision if you'd like? :)
  • I got my son circumcised at 2days old
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had my son circumcised while we were still in the hospital because I always heard that a boy that doesn't get circumcised is more prone to infections in that particular area!
  • Both of mine are
  • @everyone thank you! I just wanna make sure I make the right choice. My boyfriend wants him (if a him) to be circumcised and if it weren't so painful sounding, I'd be all for it with no doubts. People say that with the few moments of pain is worth it for the benefit of their whole life.

@RaylansMommy1 I've heard that too. How long did it take for them to do the procedure and for him to fully heal? Also, how did he look when they brought him to you? Was he normal looking? Lol, sorry for all the questions. I mean normal looking like.. Did he look like he'd been crying long or was he just ok like nothing happened? :)
  • @mom2ING I totally agree. I didn't circumcise my son because there is no need for it. Clean it correctly and everything should he ok. None of my family members are and my husband isn't either. No problems here. I never want to put my child through unnecessary pain.
  • @mom2ING Yeah, they said it'll cost $100 if I have a boy and chose circumcision.

@sands3 was it a tough decision to make and did you do research or go by opinions? IM TORN lol :-P
  • I got my son circumcised and if this is a boy he will b too he didn't get feverish or fussy they did it in the hospital
  • And it was a covered procedure
  • Thank you, @preggointx :)
    I'll keep researching, @mom2ING I want to do the best thing if I have a little boy. Hopefully I'll find out the 29th of this month. If not, then middle of next month. :-D
  • He was gone for 20 mins at the most and when he came back he was sleeping and seemed fine! It took about a week for it to fully heal when u take care of it properly! Which isn't hard! And no worries on the questions I love helping
  • I had my son done and have no regrets. He cried less than he did when he got his shots. He was 4 weeks old. Im in Australia and its not done in hospitals, I had to take him to a pediatrician, took maybe 5 mins from when the doctor took him to him bringing him back. He didn't act like he was in pain after just slept alot that day, then back to normal the next
  • edited February 2012
    @mom2ing sent already :) might I add that baby isn't actually sleeping or content afterward, its shock from the pain. The anesthesia doesn't actually numb every single one of the 30000 nerve endings. I don't like to explain anything really because people get offended and that's not my intentions. My boys doc actually told me why its not necessary and I researched from then on. The foreskin is sold to companies for lotions that Oprah uses lol and vaccines among other things. :)
  • @mom2ING I'm hoping for a boy because I have an almost 6 month old little girl. :) regardless, I'll be thrilled but praying for a boy which is why this topic is important to me.

@tinka1326 @Raylansmommy1 thank you for the info! That gives me some relief! :D
  • @Bahamamama4828 omg! I take back the relief part! :( I don't want my baby to go through such excruciating pain! And gross about the lotions!!! Lol
  • I suggest you do its healthier for him to be circumsized. Plus its way easier to clean..
  • I hope you get your boy! They are HILARIOUS!
  • @AishaMusa I've heard that and heard its better for confidence when they're older too. Decisions ... Decisions... Lol my bf is all for it because he's circumcised and thinks our baby should be. I guess we'll see. I just get scared for the process to get it done. I can't imagine the pain but my bf also said nobody ever remembers - they're just happy for the decision that was made. *sigh*
  • @Bahamamama4828 thanks!!! :-D the thought of two girls never crossed my mind until recently. Lol I was like "wait.. Just because I have a girl, doesn't mean this one is a boy" and it hit me... This might be kinda cool. Haha :-P
  • My husband is so to me, there was no thinking about it. I do not believe its torture in any way. As long as you get it done when the baby is still very young. Mothers say its not their decision to make for the baby, but it a baby...they can't make decisions. You chose and decide everything else for them....this is one of them. The Drs who did both my boys said they didn't even cry. We've never had any issues, it was super easy to keep clean and it never seemed to bother them. It is a choice you have to make so do what you feel is best for your baby. To me, its normal...what I've always known. Seems cleaner
  • @rileyandme aaahh!! no retracting! its fused to the head, i have heard docs do that too because they were misinformed. ouch!
  • edited February 2012
    My son was 5 weeks early and in the nicu for a week. The nicu doctors usually won't do it. So he was almost two weeks old when it was done at his doctors office. He is a very calm baby by nature. Doctor was surprised that he sleep thru the whole process. He didn't bleed and never cried. That however I understand is not the norm. It was hard for them to get the blood for the newborn test that they run his blood clotted fast. He was on Medicaid and my husbands insurance and we didn't pay anything for it.
  • We're circumcising my son. My dh made the decision since I don't have the parts and can't speak from experience. He was and my bil wasnt but my bil had trouble at about 16 when he became sexual active I think. He would have preferred to have been circumcised so it made it easier for me to feel at ease about it when hearing it from men that actually gone through it
  • I got both of my boys circumsized. For us, it wasn't done in the hospital. The pediatrician did it in their office. I took both of them and sat through the procedure. It wasn't as barbaric as they showed on the internet. I watched everything the Dr did. It was done very smoothly, clean, and it was over quickly but wasn't rushed. Both of my boys were fast healers. We did a ton of research on the subject and spent a lot of time thinking it over, but we're happy with the decision we made.
  • My son was circumcised. They did it the day he was born & our insurance covered it. He healed in a week and was fine. Personally, I think uncircumcised penises are gross & dirty & I wouldn't put one in my mouth. Plus, I don't want any girl to look at my son's penis & saying ewwww.
  • @Mom2ing, I'm sorry you took it that way. That's just my opinion from personal experience.