sexual assault opinion

So in my small little home town..a fifteen year old sophomore went to a party in July...she drank enough to feel good but clearly remembers everything she did and everything that happened...she ended up having a threesome with a 19yr old and a 21 yr old...well this week her parents were told by another person that was at the party what happened..her parents confronted her and she admitted to having sex with them but her parents decided to press charges against them...they've been arrested on terms of investigation and the small town is up in arms because these guys are/were pretty big football names. People are bashing and threatening her all over facebook. Do you think its right what her parents did??

Comments

• She was an underage minor and what they did was illegal. So yes, her parents had every right. Now, she shouldn't have been at the party and shouldn't have been drinking but that doesn't give them the right to have sex with her.
  • If I was her parents, I'd do the same. Why are two adult football players having sex with a 15 year old???
  • As to those boys being over 18 had no right to be with a 15 yr old. I think there needs to be their side of the story did they know she was 15? And in 3 years when she becomes of legal age then their age difference will make no difference. Did her parents press charges because she said it wasn't her fault?? Because of the parents pressing charges depending on the state they just ruined these young men's lives with a sex offense against them- these boys could be and might have to register as a sex offender all because of a night of partying when they too could have been victimized meaning the girl did not reveal her age. There is to many variables to state wether her parents did the right thing.
    In no means am I stating that either party in this case was ok with their actions i would like both sides before making an opinion
  • edited February 2012
    I think all of them are to blame.
    I wouldn't let my 15 year old daughter go to a party where there's going to be alcohol and no parental presence. The 15 year old is old enough to know not to drink or have sex with grown ass people.. shit she shouldn't be having sex period.. but that's what happens everyday in USA and other country anyways.. and the grown people who had sex with her know better than to touch a minor.. I wouldn't had pressed charges .. I blame all of them.
  • Ugh that's tough because I was that girl once upon a time. I was 16, went to a party, got drunk and had sex with a guy who was 21. When my parents found out they wanted to press charges and I begged them not to. I owned up to what I did and took responsibility for my choices so my parents just grounded me and took my car. The DA however chose to press charges any way. I feel bad for her because no one wants shit they did blasted around town and it's stupid that other people are harassing her because her parents are moving forward with changes.. I feel bad for the guys too because even though she was under age, if it was consensual then their lives will be fucked up because of bad choices all 3 of them made.
  • @Mylittleman2011...they knew she was underage because the 19yr old goes to school with her..he's a senior and she's a sophomore..we are in Texas and she told her parents that she willing had sex but she did have alcohol in her system

Thanks for your opinions ladies not in this case nor ever will I condone sex with a minor but I feel that if she admits she did it she remembers everything then how can the parents try to press charges? I've studied a case where the parents didn't want their 17yr old with a 19yr old so they filed charges..he has to file as a sex offender but they are happily married now going on 30 years with 4a kids
  • I agree @Janet_2011
    @Fantastic that's true I just hope that even though its illegal to have sex with a minor..I hope her parents realize how they are effecting everyones lives in the situation
  • Ya it's tough for everyone and I'm sure her parents are freaking out because they don't want to think of their baby having sex. We all make bad decisions and I hope for all the parties involved that this can be resolved with out causing too much damage.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes and to top things off they are coming up on a one year anniversary of when their 18year old son died in a car wreck...he left them 2 daughters that were born after his passing
  • @ArmahnisMommy0928 I understand..all I can say is if I was in that situation first off I would feel like a horrible parent but I could not bring myself to press charges only because my daughter knows right from wrong and if she agreed it was consensual then how do I expect someone else to take responsibility for my bad parenting and her putting herself out there like that even though they aren't completely innocent
  • I can see why the parents did it, who wants there 15yo having sex first off and then to hear she was drunk and with 2 older guys. However, I feel bad for the guys, its not like they raped her. Or she wasn't willing.
  • As the law goes..they have the right to press charges. But if I was the parent...I wouldn't. I mean I understand she's underage but she stilll chose to have sex with these guys. & the argument of her having alcohol in her system...well that goes both ways...if she can be excused for her actions because of alcohol then they should be too. I think the parents need to look at themselves and ask WHY their 15yr was at such a party anyway! The both are not innocent if they knew her age but it they knew hers then she knew there's. If she's a victim..well so are they. JUST MY OPINION.
  • edited February 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I feel like if they go to high school then they are all kids he is not out in the world yet this is who he is around and when I was in school all the girls were looking at the older guys! That boy is still a child himself still very immature made a stupid choice that he might not have fully understood the consequences of! He is a teenager, she is a teenager. But the other smh 21 he should known better even if she is a hoe! Her parents should teach their child about self respect, some morals, responsibility etc. She allowed it! Maybe they should press charges on themselves after for being neglectful everybody at fault! And this is jmo!
  • I agree @Hot2Cold87 the one boy who is still a senior at the high school is still a kid too. I think the parents need to take a good look at their daughter and reevaluate some of their parenting choices. However, they might not have allowed her to go to that party and she could have lied about where she was or she might have snuck out.
  • @Frantastic its really sad all the way around glad I have a son I just got to make sure when he is 18 he gets a cougar :0&
  • Lol I feel the same way.
  • I think its the girls fault. she chose to go t to the party, drink and have sex. She's to blame.100%
  • I think the boys should be charged with having sex with a minor. I think the girl should be charged with under age drinking and curfew. And I think that the girls parents should be charged with lack of supervision...none of them are innocent in this.
  • Like @homebirthadvocate said, a fifteen year old is not capable of consent to sex with adult men. It's against the law and if I was her parents, I'd have pressed charges as well. Thirteen, twelve, fifteen, nine? It's all underage and rape. Hope these men learn their lesson.
  • I just think the sexual assault charges in general need some revising...if a girl is going to put herself out there like that then the men should get in trouble yes but not have to register for the rest of their lives...There is a HUGE difference in the men that actually rape girls and situations like this therefore the laws should be made accordingly
  • Ok in australia this would be charged as statutory rape due to her being under the age of consent. As a police officer we are required to investigate the incident and basically on suspicion of an offence being committed without even physical proof of sexual activity at this point we are required to arrest the adult involved. The are then interviewed and dependent on outcome of interview either formally charged or released pending review. In 98% of cases I have been involved in formal charges have been laid and referred to court to be determined of guilt or innocence. Less than 15% result in a criminal conviction here and normally only a caution recorded unless the offender was in a position of authority. That becomes a lot more charges and a lot messier to deal with for us.

This is based on my experience as a police officer and laws etc do vary and is not a legal defence or to be used as such.
  • There's statutory rape laws for a reason. My brother in law has been in prison 4 times for this. Each time *claimed* he didn't know they were underage. Bull. He's currently in prison for the rest of his life for being a repeat offender. Those boys should have to register if convicted. I mean, peeing in public, you have to register on the national sex offender registry for that, and this is a lot more serious. I pressed charges on a guy for showing me his johnson when I was 15. He was 16. He swore he never had the intent of doing anything to an underage girl... He's currently in prison for 8-15 years for having sex with a 15 year old. He's 24 now. Those boys knew what they were doing wrong, and most sex offenders will continue to do it until they're put away for good. My highschool vice principal, Guzikowski, is in prison for having sex with underage students. He claimed that the girls should get in trouble too for enticing him. And a lot of my town agreed with him. But who's the adult? He couldn't put his career and morals and family first because a couple girls were flirting with him? Hope he rots in there.
  • ^ don't want to fire things up but I agree entirely. However I probably wouldn't have names on the post even though he was obviously convicted of an offence.
  • How many of us ladies had sex at the age of 15-16 some starting as young as 12-13. My mom was a damn good mother but you know when I came home at 15 pregnant from a 23 yr old she had no idea y because I lied thru my teeth to all involved. She thought he just turned 18 he thought I was about to turn 18 and the party well she thought I was staying at a friends. You know I was 15 and knew exactly what I was doing! I wanted to have him and not let my mom know when I ended up pregnant she was pissed but not at him cause yes I admitted to everything. The boy in hs good god they go to same school so now no dating or sex for seniors?? That is never going to uphold any where.
    I know for my 2 daughters it takes 2 to tango and if they happen to get it on with older guys I want to know both sides because I will be the first one to say yup my daughter probably did it but I want to hear her side before anything.
    As for the older guy granted he is grown well over 18 but does that mean mentally he's over 18? Does he see himself that age? I am not saying its right at all I just don't think they need to be viewed as sex offenders for a night of fun on both sides!!! They have to pay rest of their lives what if this was your son? Most ladies are looking at this like it's their daughter how about if it's your son would you want your son to have register cause he had sex with a sophomore and he is a senior in high school?
  • edited February 2012
    An adult having sex with a Drunken girl that's 15 is not consensual! That sounds like two grown men taking advantage of a young drunken girl at a party. Pretty disgusting.
  • @mylittleman2011 I agree with you completely! I first had sex at 15 and I knew exactly what I was doing.