nipple flow question for bf moms

edited February 2012 in Breastfeeding
Has anyone ever used a stage 1 nipple flow for like a 5 month old baby, just so they'll have to work hard for it just like they do with the boob

Comments

• My son still uses them he is 7 months just takes longer for him to drink all the milk
  • @debs yea I was wanting to do that so that she'll get tired fast like she does ok the boob
  • My lo never took a stage one nipple after I bf. My flow was extremely fast so she wasn't used to that slow nipple
  • @Mimii36 Yes see I'm trying to make her work hard for it like she does with the boob so that she don't get too use to the bottle
  • Mine does but that's bc im stupid n didn't realize there's different flows lol but he's cool
  • No we haven't because she was taking an over an hour to eat which was starting to freak my parents out who watch her on the weekends for us. She hasn't had any nipple confusion and she gets a bottle 4 out of the 7 days because I work. She is almost 4 months old and I went back to work after 6 weeks.
  • Just bought a pack of 3 today :) trying it out 2moro bc dr. Browns failed with Nyla lol
  • edited February 2012
    Oh see my lo didn't have to work hard for it in the boob either. It came out so fast she only had to nurse for 5 minutes..10 at the most. I could pump a 6oz bottle in about that same amount of time.
  • @Mimii36 yea naliyah only nurses for less then 10 mins
  • Well she should be fine then. I haven't bfed for almost 2 months now & she still has no nipple confusion. She will still latch in if I offer the breast. If course she doesn't stay long because nothing comes out. Lol
  • My 7mo old still uses stage one nipples. Should I change it to a faster flow?
  • I dont have a full supply, so I nurse then give a bottle. He still uses a stage 1 nipple because I want him to have to work for it. Im afraid that if I go to stage 2 he will get it faster and not want to nurse.
  • My daughter uses stage one most of the time.. I use a faster flow when there's cereal in her bottle..
  • @Mimii36 im not worried about nipple confusion im more trying to make her work hard for it and get tired so that she'll fall asleep with the bottle like she does the boob

@captivated im not just make sure you switch out the nipples like every 3-4 months

@catben thats exactly what im trying to say lol

@lucyloo288 oh ok i guess thats smart
  • Oh ok. My daughter does that too but she's lazy anyway. Lol
  • @Mimii36 yea i dont want her to get lazy and want a bottle all the time when the boob is more easy to give her