HELP!!!

edited March 2012 in Pregnant
I need a quick remedy for heartburn! I've been taking tums but they aren't helping at all. I feel like my chest is going to EXPLODE any second now. ;( any ideas??

Comments

• Suck n M&Ms
  • Thank you. I just drank a ton & I'm already feeling a little bit better, hopefully it stays away. I don't have any m&ms to try that. Lol but thank you guys. I swear I was gonna die. Lol
  • Okay I lied. It just got worse :(
  • edited March 2012
    I've heard a spoonful of yellow mustard or honey...no idea why but supposedly they work.
  • Personally I'd rather try the honey. Lol.
  • Vinegar lol mustard papaya enzyme
  • @kjackmom I think I'll puke if I do mustard, but at this point I'll try anything. Lol

@Bahamamama4828 this might sound dumb but what is enzyme? & I just drink vinegar? Lol
  • My Dr recommended zantac75 when I was prego
  • Plain yogurt might help. Try plain tho because the fruit kind may make heartburn worse. I hope u find some relief soon. Its hard. I had it really bad every day with my last pregnancy. It was a nightmare.
  • I got it so bad in the middle of the night one time with my daughter, never had it before either and it scared me! I didn't know it was heartburn!
  • Did you get any relief?
  • Yes finally went away after a half of gallon of milk, 2 teaspoons of honey, 2 teaspoons of mustard, some vinegar, 10 tums & plenty of crying. Lol. This is my 3rd pregnancy & I've NEVER had heartburn that bad. I hope it never comes back. I have 6 weeks left. I can't wait to have it over with. Lol.
  • Pepcid worked great for me...
  • i always have zantac available bc that is the only thing that has helped with all three pregnancies. Hopefully it gets better for you.
  • @sehra4177 Can u get zantac over the counter? I've always took tums & it has helped but last night was hell.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2012
    @BabyNumber3ontheway yes any pharmacy has it...I take one before bed bc if not I'll be up all night:( but my OB told me its ok to take. It works wonders:) I've taken it with all 3 pregnancies. I do now buy tge target brand bc its cheaper and also does the same thing. It's the up and up brand
  • with my first pregnancy I couldn't even drink milk without getting heartburn and just totally stopped eating bc it was so bad...of course you have to eat for baby to grow so they suggested zantac...I was really ready to write a letter to the makers of zantac bc I was so happy lol
  • @Homebirthadvocate Ohhh. Thanks so much. Definitely trying that. I can take all the help I can get.
    @sehra4177 yea milk was only working for a couple minutes then it would come right back. Definitaly going to find out more about zantac. I'm kinda weird about taking any medicines when I'm pregnant. Lol. I hate even taking tums.
  • Zantac always worked for me! My ob prescribed it to me so Medicaid paid for it!
  • Ginger works for me, I get the crystalized kind because straight ginger is bitter. Drink plenty of room temperature water too.
  • @BabyNumber3ontheway zantac is very similar to tums, its just a pill form. Its still just an antacid. I would still call your OB but I've always taken it and it works and is safe. I believe its category b for medications.