I think I have the biggest 4mnth old ever!

edited March 2012 in Pregnant
My daughter was born oct19th weighing a whoping 9lbs and 15.4 ounces. She now weighs 22 lbs and is 28 inches long! I'm very concearned with her weight she is soooo chuncky. My dr doesn't seemed concearned but thinks I may be over feeding her. I honestly don't believe I am. She drinks 6 ounces every 3 hrs and sleeps all night. I've been looking at all the babies weights on other posts and she's huge compaired. Should I be so worried?

Comments

• my little guy was born september 17th he weighed 8.9oz and was 21 inches long
    on his four month check up he was at 20lbs and hes now 27inches long they told me he was a lil bit over weight then most 4 month olds but she told me not to be concerned because hes just long. so idk? maybe shes okay because long :D
    but she sure is chunker
  • Yea I know! And she had 2 teeth before she was 3months.. I think she baked to long lol..
  • Wow! My not so little man is 4 months, 15lbs 11oz a couple of weeks ago (70%ile) and 66.5cm (91%ile). He drinks six 6 oz hungry baby milk bottles every 3 to 3 and half hours approx and sleeps from 9/10pm to 7/8am although has been waking in the night and drinking extra milk the last 6 days so I may start some baby rice soon!
  • Are you, dad or other family tall?
  • @lindah22 your son and my daughter have the same b-day :)
  • My son is 22lbs and 27in long at 8 month lol but good i love me some chunksters! Once your lo starts crawling alot of that will come right off. Nicholas has only gained 1 lb this month because he started to crawl and lost a lb first lol
  • @Stillsurprised what time was she born?! :)
  • My dr thought my daughter was too big when she weighed 21lbs at 6mo. She told me babies shouldn't consume anymore than 32oz a day and Lexi was drinking about 35oz. Once your little one starts eating solids regularly and moving more she will slim down. My baby is now 8mo and weighs 22lbs and only drinks 22oz of formula.
  • Idk how much my lo weighs now but @ 3.5 months she was 12lb8oz. She's 5 months now but still in 3-6months clothes.
  • Mine is 5 months old and about 22lbs. Doctor is not at all concerned, said my not so little man is perfect.
  • I wouldn't be too worried. All babies grow at different rates. my son was born oct13 and at 4 months he weighed 13lbs15oz and 24.5 inches. my husband was concerned bc he seemed so small. I'm not worried and I don't think u should be either. your lil girl is very tall so it makes sense that she would weigh more!
  • My friends 2 year old weighs 22lbs lol
  • Y'all got some long babies lol my girly at her 6month checkup was around 24in and 13.12lbs
  • Holy crap, my 10 month old is barely 17 pourfs, y'all have some cute lil chunkers!
  • Pounds, not pourfs...haha
  • @lindah22 she was born at 1:08am :) when was your son born?
  • Lol.. My husband is 6'7 so im pretty sure that might have something to do with it. She looks like the michelan tire guy..lol. Shes sooo cute though. Shes definatly happy and hungry lmao.
  • edited March 2012
    @Stillsurprised oh she barley made it to september 17th! :D
    mine came out 12:16 P.M
  • Sept 17th us my fiances birthday. its a good day!!
  • Braiden was born March 29,2011 weighing
    7 pounds 4 ounces. 21 inches long

He's about to.be one and weighs 22 pounds and 31 inches long.
  • You shouldn't worry. My friend's son was 11lbs when born and was about 23-24 lbs at 4 months. Now he's 3 years and is 50 lbs and over 3 ft tall
  • Wow my 2 yo weighs 27lbs lol but he's tall and thin. I have no idea how much my 4 1/2 mo weighs now.
  • @lilsugarsmomma is that wat u look like lol so not wat i had in my head... ur pretty!
  • @rosiepie LOL yes, that's me. Thanks! :)
  • My daughter was born at 9.7 and now at 10 months she's 21 lbs and is 28a inches long...all babies grow at different rates. I wouldn't let it bother you.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • evie was born nov 6 and shes now 18lbs, not sure on hee length but in all, a big giel. she has 7oz bottles every 4 hrs n sleeps from 8.30 till 6.
  • My son was born 9/9 and at 4 months was 24 1/4" long and I think 16lbs and change. I'll find out his official weight for his 6 month checkup on Friday...my guesstimate is 20lbs. He's probably around 26" now, too.
  • Oh and we've been on solids for 2 months and he's still eating about 4-5 4-6 oz bottles a day. I can't give him more than 3tbsp solids cuz he gets rock hard poo. We gotta figure out his bowels at his appt :-( it's not normal.
  • Holly is 5 and a half months. she was 8,3 at birth and was weighed today she is 16 pound :-) and 68 cm not suer what that is in inches but shes long!!! xx