my poor baby. need some tips.

edited March 2012 in First time moms
I've been very lucky. My 9 month old is just now getting her first, what seems to be, cold. She struggles a lot when drinking her bottles cause she can barely breath out her nose. Any of you ladies have any tips on how to break up the build up? I just feel so bad for her.

Comments

• Saline nasal spray and squeeze it back out with a nasal bulb I think Hylands cold medicine works well it's, for 6 months and up also a cool mist humidifier
  • Thank you so much @preggointx
  • Vicks vapo rup slathered on the soles of feet and covered with socks works wonders.
  • Also steam up the bathroom and let her sit in there with you. The steam will decongest them with less fighting than the saline
  • Boggy wipes help some
  • Thanks ladies
  • Humidifier and vicks vaporub helped my little man.
  • they have vit c powder for babies in low doses too! works great!
  • Turn the shower on flat out without the fan on so the steam builds and give little one a bath in the nice warm steamy room. Sleep with a pillow under head and upper back so the goo is easier for lo to have run down the back of their throat when sleeping.
  • I gave my son a bath in tht vicks baby bath stuff and it seems to work really well and he is 8 months
  • The saline nasal spray (called little noses, i think) works wonders. Baby wont like it at all while ur doing it but will be able to breath so much better.
  • I got the little noses. She doesnt like it at all and gives me a really hard time but how often should I use it @mommyof3girls
  • @a_wagner i think u can use it as often as u need to. Maybe b4 feedings and b4 bed.
  • Thats what i would do anyhow. ;) i hope ur little girly feels better SOON. Its no fun when they get sick.
  • @mommyof3girls is right. You can use it as often as necessary. It isn't medicated, so you don't have to worry about dependency and rebound congestion.
  • I hope so too...she sounds so pathetic when she's sleeping. I feel so bad. I wish she could just blow her nose. @mommyof3girls
  • After I use the saline spray, I use a bulb aspirator to suck the snot out. My son hates it but it works