flintstone vitamins???

edited March 2012 in Pregnant
Hello ladies, Im 28 weeks with baby number 3..my entire pregnancy I have been constipated, well latley it has gotten worse..I have been taking colace since about week 13..the nurse told me yesterday to take flintstone vitamins instead of my regular prenatals..has anyone else ever? any help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• It is perfectly fine. I didn't take prenatals through either of my pregnancies. I would take the gummy sour vitamins :)

I don't see how that would help with constipation though, unless the flinstones are lower in iron.
  • ^^^yup lower in iron better for constipation
  • I took flintstones with all 3 of mine. :-)
  • Yep my ob sed 2 flintstones a day
  • edited March 2012
    I took 2 chewable flintstone vitamins a day. The gummies dont have any iron though, so you'd need the hard kind
  • I took two gummy flinstones a day cause it was all I could keep down :)
  • I took vitafusion prenatal sour gummies cuz of constipation, morning sickness, and they taste like sour patch kids! I tried flintstones cuz they had iron (the vitafusion did not) but I had to mash it up and chase it down with sweet juice because the taste made me gag...just thinking about it turns my tummy! To supplement iron, I just ate high-iron foods such as red meats and such. Naturally occurring iron, such as those found in red meats and such, is proven to be better absorbed in the body than elemental iron anyway...and doesn't cause constipation! I also never was anemic during my pregnancy! Oh, and did I mention the sour gummies are GOOD!??! :)
  • Just so you all know, if you're going to take the gummie vitamins you need to floss. The first 2 ingredients are sugar so they're just like sticky candy and can cause cavities. That's why they taste so good.
  • I know a few ppl who did flintstones instead. I might have to switch since you said the 4t said it's helps with constipation! I have had that problem forever and have also been taking colace since like 16w! I'm now 28w.
  • Yepp my friend did when she had her first baby seven yrs ago cause all the prenatals back then were like almond or lemon flavored which made her gag. She told me that her doc told her to get the red label kind? Idk what that means...maybe there are different labels for different vitamins? I just took the ones from Meijer cause they were free. I still take them cause I'm bf.