b

edited June 2012 in Breastfeeding
b

Comments

• @Bahamamama4828

since ur so helpful with bf questions lol

:)
  • My baby girl is the exact same way and we ebf :) I drink coffee every morning too. In my experience with her and my son who I also ebf I think it's normal :)
  • edited March 2012
    Nyla sometimes skips a day or on the second day early in the morning she'll finally go. But she will b gassy. Is she in pain from not pooping? but everytime I give Nyla a lil babyfood she would finally go poo poo. I dont think coffee or hot spicy food has anything to do with her not poopin tho especially if thats what u normally eat u know. Its normally for her to skip a day without poopin by now.
  • My lo is the same way. I'm pretty sure that's normal!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2012
    @jnlelrod @BigBelly @HomeBirthAdvocate oh. thanks lol i was just thinking it wasn't normal because my mom n cousin who also bf said that she should poop almost after every feeding. hazel was like that only for the first two weeks.

@nylasmommy lol i know the second question was separate. i didn't think it was from the coffee or spicy food. but the LC did tell me it could be the milk i drank that was causing this. but i don't drink milk anymore. but i do eat things sometimes that can have some dairy in it. i try to avoid it tho. i wanted to know if the caffeine from coffee can affect her lol
  • @nylasmommy oh and idk if shes in pain but she starts to fuss if she reaches the second day without going... seems like she is having a had time to get it out or something.
  • Girl lmao sometimes I just b talking out my ass dont mind me lol.
  • Yes very normal :) those things are OK too.
    In my case I had to cut dairy for that among other issues.
  • My baby girl only has a bm every 4 days.. I ebf. I asked the doctor about it and jerin said its normal as long as the Poo isnt hard or hurts for them to go
  • Whoops not jerin.. I meant he lol
  • @Myheartzx3 yea mine were the same way at first but when both of mine started getting older like 2+ months is when they would go a lot longer without pooping.
  • PS people from India eat spicy in their culture :P
    Also I've seen babies go up to 21 days without pooping and be totally OK.
  • @nylasmommy lol girl it wasnt u. I wasnt clear on that...I shouldve said that was my second question lol
  • @thetrondsons1st but did ur lo seem to be in pain or have a hard time? My daughter gets fussy but idk of she's on pain...
  • My lo in the early weeks did go after every feed but after a month it he went once a week and its completely normal. Hes seven months now and still only goes once or twice a week :)
  • @bahamamama4828 what did the dairy do to ur lo? They told me to stop drinking milk and see if it helps. I don't drink milk anymore but I do Use butter or a slice of cheese on my sandwiches sometimes...

And 21 days omg
  • Well it wasn't so much a constipation issue, she would get a rash and stiffen up and scream when I tried feeding her.
    So its almond/coconut milk no cheese nothing.
    And I LOVE cheese lol :'(
  • I think its normal, my little guy sometimes goes 3 or 4 days without pooping. I eat whatever I love spicy an dairy. But I guess he doesnt seem bothered by not poopin.
  • edited March 2012
    @bahamamama4828 see I don't think she's allergic to the cow milk protein because she's never had any other symptoms besides not pooping. drinking milk and the two times I tried to start drinking she stopped poopIng. But now she still goes days without going...idk this confuses me but I love milk n dairy I miss it lol

• @mrswright08 ohh ok. Lol this might sound dumb but I thought spicy food woulda made my milk spicy or upset her tummy. I'm just a worrier haha
  • Spicy is OK! Have you tried eating it yet?
  • yea i been but i don't make it as spicy as i used to lol @Bahamamama4828
  • Most people have no issue with spicy :D
  • thanks now i won't feel bad when i spice things up lol