Labor stopped?!?

edited March 2012 in Labor
Labor stopped. Was having strong contractions a minute to two minutes apart for a few hours last night. I got tired, so I tried to sleep through them, and finally fell asleep. Well, I woke up to no contractions...again with the back and forth. I've been in labor for four days, I'm tired and all I want to do is just cry. Idk what to do anymore :'-(

Comments

• Awww it happens! Your time will come. :)
  • After four days of labor I think my time was bout three days ago lol I'm just tired...very tired. Idk how I'm going to muster up the energy to do anything after this... :-/ I've been having contractions on and off since they stopped, and tons of pressure. My psd has gotten a million times worse which doesn't help. I just hope it's over soon so I can rest. My poor body is past done.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @CristinaLynn I feel you I have been doing the same for 4 weeks now :( Oh how it sucks and wears you out. I hope you don't have to wait as long as me. Labor Dust!
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate that's what my doctor said as well. When they start every night I walk, drink, eat, rest, and shower they wouldn't slow down or stop they are painful and feel like its time. (At least for me) 2 mintues apart. I assume its the same for @CristinaLynn. I even went to the hospitala couple times. Contractions are super strong on the monitor, but no change. Blood pressure and everything was good so home I would go. I still have them everynight I just don't pay much attention to them at this point unless something is different than before.
  • @homebirthadvocate The hospital confirmed last night it was definetly real labor, and my contractions are something fierce and very much real. I'm starting to contract again...so we're hoping they stay, and do something productive. I have an appointment with my dr tomorrow. @Heather3rdgirl I feel you! I've been fighting preterm labor since 29 weeks...my body is so screwed up this time around. I think my psd is making everything worse, cause I can barely walk because of it as is...grrrr could it be because I've never had an unassisted birth? I've always had pitocin and never had my water break on my own(they said it was tough)...and never went past 5cm dilated without my water being broken??
  • @Heather3rdgirl yes!!! Mine we're 1-2 minutes apart last night, and were killer. Lasting on average a minute...some even doubled. Freggin ridiculous!! I can't do this anymore...idk about but I'm worn lol you know how when you have a toothache so bad you wanna rip your head off?? Oh yeah, that would be me...minus a toothache.
  • edited March 2012
    @CristinaLynn I feel you that's what I have been going thru for 4 weeks now. The hospital shows real and painful contractions on my part as well but because I keep having them and nothing is changing they have classified them as bh. So frustrating!!!! Good Luck :)

My other 2 I went into labor at 6 months that had to be stopped. This time I am dialated to a 3 and can't seem to get any where in a hurry.
  • edited March 2012
    @HomeBirthAdvocate
    oh I didn't take it that way at all. I knew what you ment :) The reason I am going to be getting induced on April 2nd is because I am 4' 11" so super short and tiny and they feel she needs to come out at 41 weeks or she will be way to big. As much as I want a natural birth I also don't want to have a c section AT ALL. So I would rather be induced. At this point none of my options are great. Either have her natural (up to her) or get induced at 41 weeks or have a scheduled c section at 42 weeks. So I am just trying to go thru the steps. As you know I have been ready for some time now. Trying not to give up hope, there is still time for her to come out all by herself. :)
  • edited March 2012
    @HomeBirthAdvocate Thanks. I know I can do it. I have done it twice before but at 38 weeks. Just more getting more nervous the futher along I get.
  • @Hombirthadvocate I'm sorry if I came off like I was upset with you. I'm just emotional and drained. I didn't mean it how it could have been taken. I'm gonna let my body rest for a few days and get tons of sleep. Is there any advice you can give me, as far as when my contractions get regular again, what could I do to help them be productive and make them progress into active labor?
  • @CristinaLynn great ?. Can't wait for the answer :)
  • If u were in active labor u wouldn't be in hea typing lol. I cnt even sleep r sit when I was in labor r having contraction
  • What you're in is prodromal labor...and it's a b*tch! However, HBA is right and to be classified as *true* labor, you would need to be making cervical changes and contractions would not stop. I was in prodromal labor for a week and a half and I've never been so miserable in my LIFE. I wanted to SLAP anyone that told me I wasn't in real labor because it sure as hell felt like it!

@mzfeliz, I was facebooking and updating pregly when I was in active labor. Even at 9cm :)
  • @mzfeliz I was in active labor with my last three and was giggling and talking just fine. My last baby(#4) I didn't feel anything but three labor pains...and then she was born. My labor was 100% natural with my fourth too lol I want THAT again :-p @captivated I wanna do more then slap soneone at this point lol...what did you do to get your body into full blown labor after that? I feel so stupid because this is my #5 and you'd think id know all this, but this pregnancy is SO different from anything I've had. This baby is making me work lol
  • I bounced on my birthing ball for hours. As soon as I stopped, BAM I was in full blown labor. I also had my membranes stripped twice that week.
  • @mzfeliz I was in active labor with my last three and was giggling and talking just fine. My last baby(#4) I didn't feel anything but three labor pains...and then she was born. My labor was 100% natural with my fourth too lol I want THAT again :-p @captivated I wanna do more then slap soneone at this point lol...what did you do to get your body into full blown labor after that? I feel so stupid because this is my #5 and you'd think id know all this, but this pregnancy is SO different from anything I've had. This baby is making me work lol
  • @captivated @CristinaLynn I better get to bouncing then :)
  • @captivated I'm going to ask for that tomorrow at my appointment. @Heather3rdgirl I'm not doing anything until tomorrow lol I need sleep so bad...tomorrow after my appointment I'll see what I'm up to doing. Keep me updated on what's going on with you! It's nice to know I'm not the only one going through this right now...and I don't mean I'm glad you're going through it lol just that were both not alone :-)
  • @CristinaLynn Yeah I know what you mean and how you feel. Good Luck I see my doctor on Wed so unless something changes I will be just waiting it out :)
  • Yeah, same here lol @Heather3rdgirl I wish lots of changes for you, and labor asap! :-)
  • Damn u girls r lucky then I couldn't even talk
  • @Homebirthadvocate Thank you!! I'm going to rest the whole day today, going to take a relaxing bath, and just kick back with my feet up(as much as I possibly can lol). Maybe that's what I did wrong...I started to go into labor and I jumped on my treadmill, started being super active, and then when they started to get strong and pick up I calmed down. I did the opposite! Lol damn! :-p I've only had around about 8 contractions today...so my body is on the calm side right now, thankfully!! I'm going to catch up on sleep tonight as well, so that whatever my dr says, I'll be ready for tomorrow afternoon at our appointment :-)
  • @cristinalynn, good luck! Can't wait to hear when you're having that baby! (*)
  • @captivated thank you so much!<3 I hope it'll be soon lol