Got my Amber Teething Necklace today!!

edited March 2012 in Pregnant
I ordered this one= http://www.amberartisans.com/amtene6.html

Mason is asleep. So not sure if it fits yet. My friend has one for her son and she says it works great. That her boy has never has teething problems. I ordered the smaller size out of the two. I'm sure it will fit him.

I ordered it on March 12th. So it took exactly two weeks to get it. Not bad at all!

I'll update you later on how he does with it.

Let me know if you or someone you know has used this.

I'm tempted to order one for myself. As the amber beads are used for lots of things. :)

Comments

• I got one for my lo and it helped when she was teething really bad. Amber is a natural pain reliever but it might take a day or two before you notice anything.
  • My girl uses it, and I'd recommend it for sure!
  • Its fits his fat neck :) yay.

Yes I read as the body heat ups the beads the natural oils will then seep into him and start to work.

Did you guys take it off at nap/bed time? @steph_due_101611 @natashalynn

I'll let you know how it goes in a couple days @sophiasmom11
  • I wrap it around her ankle when she sleeps.
  • Ok thank you @natashalynn b.c. sometimes he wakes up s creaming and I thought maybe its b.c. of his teeth
  • Ya i don't always do it at night and those are usually the nights she wakes up (Not all) they say to have it as close to the pain as possible, so around the neck for teething is preferred, but I think it still helps around the ankle.
  • Where do you get these? Can I buy one at the store?
  • I love amber teething necklaces but every time I suggest one on here I get shot down or people think I'm crazy lol
  • I love mine and you can totally tell a difference in my son when I forget to put it on. At night I put it around his ankle though I don't know what I'm going to do when he no longer wears footies. I'm worried he will take it off and try to eat it.

It worked so well for him I got one for myself and I can tell.
    I have a cavity that I can't get taken care of for a couple of weeks and its been helping with the discomfort and joint pain that I have. I love it.

My sons I got from PAXbaby.com and it got here in five days.
    Mine I got from Hazilaid (spelled their name wrong) and it took a week and a half.
  • I put it around her ankle at night during the times she's using it. The past 2wks she's had no issues so we've had it off.
  • Cool! I can't wait to hear how it's working :)
  • http://www.amberartisans.com/amtene.html that is where I bouth mine ladies.

I honestly see a real difference. B4 he would wake up screaming really loud. And used to have his fingers in his mouth crying and screaming. But now that rarely ever happens. He's started drooling a lot more so I'm positive he is actually teething.

@ceegsmommy75 @clope18
  • @bahamamama4828 my family thinks I'm nuts too. I just ignore them. After trying to explain the natural oils I give up and say its got a majic spell put on it. Lol

@littlefae I plan to get myself one too. I have joint pain and would love some relief of it!
  • edited April 2012
    Lmao I know right. I sacrifice goats in the backyard too
  • I have one for elizabeth!! I love helps with the drooling and it helped in yhe begining with the pain but she got 8 teeth in, pairs one right after the other and she was in pain. So amber necklace a half a dose of pain meds worked for her. Im thinking of ordering a hazelwood necklace for my self to help with my tummy issues
  • Oh do it, I hardly ever take mine off now. I did the other day and bam, low energy, sinus headache/pressure. I put it back on and a few hours later I was feeling better though still ended up needing one ibprofin
  • You had me at "helps with drooling" LOL I want one :)
  • Wierd question but do you think it would help with shots too?
  • It might a little but I dont think it would help much.
  • @jennalynne87 hard to say. Either Mason has gotten toughter or it does help. At his 2 month shots I didn't have it and he cried until I nursed him. At his 4 months as soon as I picked him up he was ok, he was just yelling in pain. No tears.

Mason still drools a little bit. Or maybe not so much as drools, but licks/chews on his hands and blah. All over. Lol. But if his hands are out of his mouth there is no drool running down his face. @ceegsmommy75

I hope a lot more mommies and daddies see this post as I truly believe they work. Some people might look at the price(averages to about $20 depending on style and website) but really I'm saving with not having to buy as much gel, strips(which I don't think work) or melts. Plus the special chew toys for fridge/freezer(btw water based toys can't go in the freezer, only gel). I tried that chew raspberry binky thing and Mason wanted nothing to do with it.