stopping breastfeeding??

edited March 2012 in Breastfeeding
My LO is 4 1/2 months and I am exclusively breastfeeding! I gained alot of weight with this pregnancy and still have 40 lbs to lose. I really want to get on phetermine pills because nothing that I am doing now is working. I'm so torn, I love breastfeeding and the bond that I have with my daughter, but I just wanna be skinny agian. I was just wondering if anyone has stoped breastfeeding and did you regret it?? Will my daughter change if I stop, like her eating, sleeping habits, or her personality? Or is there any weight loss pills that are safe to take while breastfeeding?? Any advice would be great, thanks!!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I agree with @homebirthadvocate. It is a pretty selfish reason to quit breastfeeding- not intended to offend. Will 5 and a half more months be too long to wait? You can only breastfeed your little one for so long. You do have the rest of your life to lose the weight and diet :) However, if there are other reasons to wanting to quit, it's ultimately your decision. If you decide to quit, your baby will live! May be a little upset or cranky for a while, but there are many women who quit or don't breastfeed.
  • I wouldn't stop to be skinny. Don't get me wrong, I understand completely what you want. But I wish I could of bf for longer I had to stop at 5 months cause she wasn't really gaining weight, now she's 9.5 months, and I'm still sad about it. You have lots of time to get skinny, but only this time to bf. Jmo tho!
  • @homebirthadvocate
    @captivated
    I know it is selfish that's why I haven't stopped. Breastfeeding is more important to me than being skinny! I want to give my daughter the best and I love our bond and I know she does too. I just hate the way I look but its all worth it because I got a beautiful baby girl. I just wish the weight would come off :(
  • Yes I regretted it! I still regret it every time I feed my baby =((
  • ^^ wrong smiley. Was suppose to be the sad face.
  • @natashalynn
    @mommy2ari
    I am sorry u girls had to stop breastfeeding. I know that if I stopped just to be skinny I would definately regret it. I know that I only have this time to breastfeed and I want the best for her.
  • @Mimii36
    If u don't mind me asking, y did u stop??
  • edited March 2012
    I had too. I was going back to work and planned on breastfeeding when we were home and her having a bottle at daycare. It didn't go as planned. As long as I was still breastfeeding..she would not take a bottle. After 3 weeks of struggling with bottles..I HAD to go back to work. So I had no other choice but to quit breastfeeding so she would take a bottle. And even tho I really had no other choice but to stop breastfeeding..I still regret it 100%.
  • @minii36
    OIC I'm sorry things didn't work for you. Thanks for sharing
  • You know you burn 20 calories for every oz of milk you produce!! :)
  • Yeah breastfeeding actually burns calories
  • Also something you could do is a low carb diet. My grandma lost weight really fast by lowering her carbs