Putting lo on a scedule..when & how?

edited March 2012 in Pregnant
Ok my daughter is almost 5 months. She still sleeps a lot during the day. Sometimes she sleeeps through the night and sometimes she will wake up once. I want her on a certain bedtime schedule but with her napping a lot during the day still makes her not want to go to sleep until later. The last few days I've made her stay up and she seems to help her sleep faster. So my question is...when did you put your lo on a schedule and how did you do it?

Comments

• I have had a night time schedule for my lo since 3 weeks bath at 8:30 or 9 then a bottle then shes out. It has worked like a charm
  • @jennalynn87 I mean their all day schedule...like as far as the naps and stuff during the day also.
  • edited March 2012
    @bettymomma oh my lo never stays up more than 2 1/2 to 3 hours(if I'm lucky) at a time during the day and naps a while. She still sleeps a lot.
  • 5 months is a good time to start a schedule.. well its more like a routine.

What you do is do the following things the same time everyday.. (here is our routine.)

9:30 - wake up and nurse
    10:30 - breakfast
    12:00 - Nurse and nap
    2:00 - late lunch
    7:00 - dinner
    7:30 - bath
    8:30 - nurse to sleep

Matter of fact she's nursing right now to go to sleep.

I also nurse on demand during the day.

It's going to take about a month for her body to adjust perfectly to the routine.

Always stick to your times.
  • edited March 2012
    You're lo stays awake from 2-7. My daughter would be so ill! Lol

But thanks that's great help.
    @ynvtish
  • Shit i say if it aimt broke dont fix it. Mine is on a schedule and sleep like 3-4 hours in the middle of the day. He sleeps all night and if he gets up i guve him a binki and hes fine
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think its more difficult to have a daytime routine than night time. I let my lo eat & sleep whever he wants during the day, and then I try to keep him awake after 6pm. When its bedtime, he gets a bath with the shampoo/lotion for babies to sleep better, give him a bottle and he sleeps all night (8 hours). He is 4 months old. Daytime routines are tough as far as eating/napping at certain times because my schedule day to day is hardly ever the same. I let him take the lead for daytime & focus more on the nights :)
  • edited March 2012
    @mimii36.. no she takes a nap around 5 to 6 depending on the day. But we try and wear her out and keep her up during time

I have 4 kids and between those times is usually sports or Tae Kwon Do.. all the older kids do karate 2-3 times a week so between those hours she won't sleep with all the yelling going on.