What would you do?

edited March 2012 in Health
So quick background...I have severe PSD. It's extremely painful and in my late pregnancy, as I suspected, I can no longer walk. My husband is not here during the day on weekdays, and I have four children from the ages of 11-3 years old. I don't have child care and I don't have anyone else to call upon besides my husband if I am in trouble. My husband does not have a cell phone, only I do...long story, so I can't just call or text him when or if I go into labor. Here's the problem...my new Dr refuses to induce me until 39 weeks. That leaves me rendered helpless if(which I know I will) I go into labor on my own. If by chance I go to into labor on a weekday, I will be here alone(with two small children, and after 3 it's four), disabled and forced to give birth where I lay. Okay...well that sucks. I've hemorrhaged with every child and had to get a shot in my leg to make me clot. I don't have that here...nor do I have anything to help my baby if there I something wrong. I have explained to my Dr that this is very serious, and could potentially be extremely dangerous, but he keeps telling me he won't induce until 39 weeks. I have an appointment on Monday, and to be honest...I can't even put pants on let alone walk to the damn car...soooo I can't go. I have to cancel, of course not by choice. My two small children have to be as independent as possible now, because I can't even function to take care of them properly. Yes, I feel like a shit Mom...and I swear if I could violently stab someone repeatedly, I think I would at this point lol...okay all jokes aside...what would you do?

Comments

• I mean what can you do? It seems like there's nothing you can do but see what happens if your doc has already said he won't induce until 39 weeks
  • Idk really. I've been in early labor for a week on top of all of this as well. My contrations have gotten to be 1-2 minutes apart, lasting more then a minute and they refuse to give me anything to help. If you have ever had a toothache that you can't do anything about...it makes you wanna rip your own head off, just so it'll stop hurting. That's the only way I can describe how it is.
  • Try as hard as u can to start labor when ur husbands home... Easier said than done. Call 911 as soon as u feel like ITS TIME!!!! Maybe explain ur situation to another doc...? Idk... Ur situation sucks. Sorry. :( i hope everything turns out alright. How far along r u now?
  • Devise a plan with your children ... inform your neighbors if you can... explain the situation with your children if you have not done so already ... leave his work number out and emergency contacts if possible and tell them where to look and what to do if something happens.. other than that im not sure ...GOOD LUCK! I hope everything works out okay
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mommyof3girls I've been debating on castor oil, but to be honest I'm scared...I've been putting it off for about 3 days now, but I'm giving up and just doing it tonight! My hubby is going to help me take a super warm bath tonight as well...maybe that'll help too. Idk...I feel like ripping my head off. The pain is literally unbearable. I am forced to just sit there while I'm having contractions 1-2 minutes apart for 12+ hours...and in between that random contractions and pelvic cramps that do not subside at all...I have them all day...there is no break. I've never been depressed in my life...until now. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow, measuring 39 weeks(they have my due date wrong and refuse to change it).
  • @Mostephanite Oh no...my neighboors like to rob our other neighboors lol. I've explained the situation to my older children as best as I can, and they understand for the most part, but my younger children won't understand even if I tried to explain. My Hubby doesn't have a work number, he's never at the same site, and that's why it's difficult. There is nobody else that I can ask. @ArmahnisMommy Yes there is! The Dr that I just called the other day told me about this...and I wished I would have known sooner, because it takes anywhere from 1-3 weeks for them to get it started LOL...just my luck! It just pisses me off that my new Dr was warned about this when I started seeing him about a month ago...and he didn't even offer anything to help at all. I wished people were more informed about this...
  • @Mama_Kat I think that's what I'm going to do on Monday. The nurse I spoke to said that's what she would do if she were me. So I think that's exactly what I'm going to do! I just feel helpless...and I'm sorry if I seem grumpy...I'm just at my wits end and have run out of all possible options. I'm just pissed...and I'm in constant pain...which makes me even more pissed. :-(
  • @Mama_Kat Oh girl...you have no idea! If I could walk, I would march myself down there and hit someone!! And hard too lol!! I'm taking castor oil tonight because I'm desperate as all hell, and I've done extensive research on that nasty stuff, but I'm guessing it'll only work if you're in early labor(going on a full week now), dilated(to a 3), and your body is ready. My body has been ready dammit LOL...but by chance, if it doesn't work(I'm literally praying to God it does)...I'm going to ream someone's ass on Monday! I refuse to hear no...there is no reason why they can't help me...and the doctors seem to wanna just throw pills down my throat. I don't want pills...I want help...REAL help! Thank you to everyone...I got some of my frustrations out just by talking about it, which helped...I just hope and pray there is something they can do!
  • @Homebirthadvocate I've been measuring a week ahead since before my second trimester, and they even admitted they had my time of conception wrong, but they refuse to change my due date....which would make me 39 weeks tomorrow. The most they've done for me is refer me to physical therapy for after my pregnancy. One of the ladies even looked at me and said "Well you might need surgery after this because this pregnancy is slowly making you disabled" ...well YEAH I KNOW! I've not received any help besides narcotics being thrown down my throat, and to be honest...they didn't even work. All they did is made me feel super high and I end up passing out in random places. When I went in L&D because I was contracting 1-2 minutes apart for over 12 hours they wouldn't give me anything to help me progress or even to stop it. It's ridiculous!
  • I don't see any options for ya hon, except if you go into labor at home you will just have to call 911 for transport to the hospital!
  • @ArmahnisMommy Washington State. I'm just going to call anyone I can on Monday. Maybe they do have other options, and I don't know about them. It's worth a try at least. If not...then there's not much I can do but get ahold of an attorney. If there's more damage then there should be on my body or mentally, and emotionally...I'm going to file a lawsuit. I'm technically disabled right now...I literally cannot walk without assistance and excruciating pain. Something should've been done a long time ago. If I were disabled before I got pregnant it would've been different...which it shouldn't be.
  • @captivated That's what I was thinking...to have them just come with me, and be there until my Hubby comes home and to leave him a note. But they said they can't transport my kids, cause I have four...and that they would have to call state services to take my kids. It's all assed backwards...the woman was snooty and said they don't provide child care...I wanted to smack her through the phone!
  • @RileyAndMe Thing is...the same doctor induced me at 37 weeks 9 years ago for the same thing. Which makes me even more mad lol
  • Since ur husband doesnt have a cell phone, is there anyway he can just get one of those super cheap trac phones with just a few minutes... So u can call him? I feel for u. Im sorry u r going thru this. :(
  • I am with @mommyof3girls that is what I was going to suggest! Get a prepaid phone so that when it's time, you can call him. You can get one for like $20, and get the least amount of minutes as possible.
  • Im sorry... can anyone tell me what PSD is?
  • Sorry about the delay. Him and a phone isn't about money, it's a long story, but he won't have one for a little while. I could give him my phone, but I wouldn't be able to call him still lol. Taking castor oil tonight...I'm seriously dreading it and I really don't know what to expect because It does different things to different women. I will make another post to let you know my castor oil story, and what it does. I just pray that it works!
  • ;) Good luck! :D
  • Whatever the phone situation is...I think this is important enough for that to put be behind for now and him get a phone. If your doc won't induce and the ambulance won't take your children...being able to contact your husband is VERY important.
  • I agree with @mimii36 whatever the situation is needs to be pushed aside, the health and welfare of your unborn depends on it. Nothing can be more vital or important as this time, he needs to be reachable by any means.
  • I agree^^^ you can always take the phone away after your baby is born.