Parents of children with Aspergers or other ASDs

Anybody here? How did you find out? How do you cope? How do you manage day to day activities with them?

Comments

• my daughter has aspergers...... its difdicult very difficult sometimes I break down cryin....... my daughter was evqluted I just knew something wasnt right I could feel it.... I just try to things challenging she can comprhened things beyond her years but simple stuff like donkey she says wonkey but she can say oblivious n vabid n knows wat they mean she loves to spot out colors so we try n make it an activity for her breakfest is well wat colors shall.we eat today n say for example she say green, yellow, and blue I make her pick oit of options to see if she can guess them thats just one thing we do if u understand what im saying
  • Every day is a struggle. I don't even want to talk about it. today is the first day of spring break...its only 11am and I am already stressed to the max! if I could afford it he would be at daycare/camp every day. I'm gonna have to do something though cuz I can't do 2 weeks of this!
  • my 9 yo was thought to be ASD. But after a lot of evaluations, he had sensory disorders and ADHD. He would hit his head in frustration (he still does sometimes), he cant handle loud noises either. It's been a battle since he was small but i found a really good doctor (a naturopathic doc) who was able to treat him without meds and he has gotten a million times better. I dont have to do too many day to day activities with him consistently with him, but he does get pretty bored easily so he likes to play board games or cards with me or draw. things like that.
  • @bahamamama4828 my 5 year old son does that, he hits himself in the head when he's mad or frustrated, and loud noises really bother him. Things like vacuums, blow driers, even flushing the toilet. Loud noises have always bothered him and I never found that normal, but also didn't think anything of it. Maybe he's got sensory issues as well??
  • My lo will be 6months next week. Her daddy has Aspergers. I know its possible for her to get it. From what bds family says she acts just like him as a baby. I know she's already slow on some stuff. She can't roll over or sit up. She wont bear weight on her legs, at all. When she's tired or don't feel good she'll constantly rock back and forth. I also did something called the tilt test and she failed it. Idk if im just paranoid or what i should be watching for.

@vayanna
    @heyitsme
    @bahamamama4828
    @Lilsugarsmomma
  • If you are super concerned go to early childhood development. they will work with her. idk if that's what its called there but ask your Dr. otherwise just try to enjoy her! she will only be small for a little while and there's really nothing you can do. BTW what's the tilt test?
  • The tilt test is where you hold your baby by like their sides or whatever and tilt them 45°. A normal baby will normally try to keep their head straight with the ground while a baby with aspergers will try to keep their head straight with there body. She goes next week for a well baby visit and im gonna talk to her dr at that time. @heyitsme
  • 2 of the 3 men I work with are autistic. I think it depends on how severe it is. One of them talked until 8yrs old and then stopped. He is 40 now. He doesnt speak, he hates loud noises and attacks when he feels his personal space is invaded. He is very difficult to handle and his parents basically gave up on him & sent him to the group home. The other man is very high functioning & extremely intelligent. He has some trouble with his speech but otherwise does fine. He used to live on his own but after a few incidents regarding safety, he was sent to our group home. I cant imagine what a parent goes through with this, but try to stay positive. They are still very intelligent and often capable.of amazing things. There are many who are actors/actresses. They have children and are happy. It has to be so hard as a parent to deal with some of the issues that come along with autism, but stay strong. Ive noticed that they do much better on a strict routine. The men I work with have behaviors when furniture gets moved or their daily schedule changes. The routine staying the same is definitely a huge help! You are strong & amazing mamas :) sorry so long