Allergies

edited April 2012 in Babies Health
My 5 month old has had a "cold" for the past month. Typically, colds are only supposed to last for 7 to 10 days, and she should get better before she gets another one, right? She is constantly coughing (dry), nasally with breathing, nasal discharge, discharge into her throat makes her sound groggy (lungs are clear), and sneezes a lot with red eyelids most of the time. Ped keeps saying cold, but could it be an allergy to pet dander or something? We have a black lab that stays outside during the day and inside at night...

Comments

• @mom2ing Thanks I will try that. :) just sucks when you feel so helpless for so long!
  • Gosh, idk, prolly get rid of her. I hate to do that cuz I have had her since she was born so we are all she knows..and olivia loves her to death! But at the same time my daughter comes first.
  • My baby has allergies also...Her pedi prescribed zyrtec and it seems to be helping
  • Yea it culd my son gets so sick every time he goes to my brothers house he has 2 dogs
  • It could be allergies, my son was diffusing the same and my ped kept saying it was a cold. I brought him to a new doctor today and she says its allergies, she prescribed allegra. I don't know if it works yet because today is the first day! Also she said you don't have to get rid of the pets, just bath them atleast once a week, vaccine and dust regularly, wash bedding in warm water once a week, and don't let the pet on the furniture! Hope this helps, go with your motherly instinct!!!
  • Thanks, guys! Glad I am not alone. I will make an appt with the ped. :)
  • edited April 2012
    An infants cold can last 3-4 weeks. At least that's what my doc says. But I think my lo has allergies too.