5 cm dilated and no labor yet?

edited April 2012 in Pregnant
I'm due in 10 days. I had a doctor appointment this morning and I'm 80% and 5 cm dilated. I have been having mild contractions all day but not regular. I'm nervous I'm not going to make it to the hospital in time! My doctor said im going to go fast. Has anyone ever been here? Any advice?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't have any advice but wow ur lucky !!
  • Lucky!
  • I was 4cm when I went to my 37 week appt (around 2:30pm). Hadn't felt any contractions and water broke at 5:30am. At hospital by 6am and he took a nap and didn't come until 7:21pm.
  • I was at 4 1/2 cm for two weeks before my water finally broke. Lol. Even then i still had to be induced. Lol. Hope it cones soon for you :)
  • Wow, you're lucky! You're already at the half way point! Sorry no advice though :( I was only a one when I got to the hospital and never made past an 8. Good luck!
  • Im in the same exact boat except im at a 4 :(
  • Well then good luck @kiwi_mom & @BabyNumber3ontheway hope for you both a smooth labor and healthy babies.
  • I was dilated for weeks too! My labor was only a couple hours.
  • I went in for my 37w apt on a thurs and was 5cm dilated. She took me off work and told me to relax cause I was a ftm and they wanted me to wait as long as possible to go into labor. My water started leaking around 4pm on tues which made me 38+2 I got to the hospital and was still 5cm I wasn't having contractions regularly so they started me on pitocin(sp) and I had her at 10pm exactly. So from start to finsih it was 5hrs. I only pushed for a half hour to 45min. Labor dust to you!!!!
  • @TheTrondsons1st I hope I don't have to wait weeks!

@BabyNumber3ontheway. When is your due date?

@britt21 this is my third, my water didn't break until I was at the hospital with my other two. I'm soooooo nervous about my water breaking! What was it like when it leaks? Did you know right away?
  • @smcox @bexiewexie @ AishaMusa thank you!
  • @kiwi_mom well I actually I was using the bathroom when it happened so no I didn't notice right away till after I start doing things...every time I would I would feel this gush feeling. I was wet all the time, it was gross lol it felt like I was peeing without actually doing it lol it was like a constant flow and got really bad if I bent down and then stood back up.
  • I was also using the bathroom when it happened. I yelled for my husband and he got to the bathroom and i stood up and it went all over the bathroom floor too. lol.
  • @kiwi_mom My due date is April 15th.
  • Wow idk where u live but here they admit you at 4 cm... Contractions or not they get the baby out
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was at a 4 with contractions 5 mins apart and was sent home until they got to 2-3 mins apart
  • I'm just saying that's how it is here.. liability I guess
  • I was in the hospital when I was a 5 and contractions weren't regular so they sent me home as long as I lived close.. I didn't wanna wait in the hospital anyways..too boring for me