Fever :( help needed

edited April 2012 in Babies Health
My lo has a cold with a runny nose n a fever. She looks n feels miserable. The Doc. said she's too young for anything. I've tried using little nose n i suctioned her nose out but that's not helping much. What else can I do?

Comments

• Tylenol for the fever and try steaming up the bathroom and letting her sit in the room with you. Hope she feels better!
  • You can use baby vicks rub over 3 months i believe
  • How old is she, and how high is the temp?
  • edited April 2012
    @mom2ing n @lilsugarsmomma she is 5 months n her temp is 102.1 (under the arm) @ready2bmommy how much tylenol can I give her? Bc I gave her some but idk if I'm giving her enough.
  • Just follow the instructions on the bottle. There are two different types of tylenol's out now with different doses. My tylenol is two dropper fulls. Hope your LO feels better!
  • @captivated thanks but her's says ask doc since she's under two
  • How many lbs is she? My girl is 13 lbs and takes 2.5ml. They have started just making childrens tylenol because its less concentrated to avoid overdoses. I couldn't find any tylenol for her age so I asked her pedi and thats What he told me and gave me a sheet with how much to give them based on weight
  • @thetrondsons1st she is 13lb 5 oz n thanks so much....I've been giving her some but it didn't bring the fever down at all n I'm assuming bc I wasnt giving her enough.
  • Yeah no problem. Hope she feels better soon. :) my lil girl has been sick since Saturday. And she's finally starting to get over it
  • From 11-17 pounds is 2.5ml. We went for Claras 4 month appt this morning so I checked the dosage chart in the office. Hope your princess is feeling better!
  • My son took tylenol just a half dose at 5 months good luck o and if u use vicks and it's not vicks baby mix it with a little vasoline
  • @everyone thanks u all! Im hoping she gets better soon too. Now I needa take some meds bc I feel a lil sore throat coming...ugh
  • Take some zinc ASAP for yourself!! Take it everyday for like the next 5 days. If you catch it early enough I swear you won't get sick!! I've beaten 3 colds this way :)
  • edited April 2012
    @starrxoxo9 is it ok to take while bfing?
  • Yes zinc! And OK bfing :)