What are contractions like??

edited May 2012 in Third Trimester
What should I expect??

Comments

• every perso. its different and pregnancy too!

but there's general

belly gets hard the soft
    you feel like period cramps every couple mins! remember they come and go you feel it next minute you feel fine and them keeps repeating but closer and closer in time and the pain gets worse and worse !
  • PAIN. AGONIZING PAIN ;)
  • @2girls_1boy thanks for the details! :)

@captivated and you used a winking emoticon lol thanks
  • For me it started off like light period cramps then as the hours ticked by it got worse and worse...until 3 days later it was agonizing pain.,so bad I couldn't even sleep!
  • The worst period cramps you have ever had times 1000. I also had back labor so my lower back was extremely achey.
  • Everyone always told me like period cramps but I swear it was more like when u need to crap really bad and u have those terrible pains with a stomach!

• I agree with @crystaldawn0830. Like horrible poop cramps. And @aishamusa, the winking emoticon was intended! Lol
  • The worst pain youve ever felt in your life
  • Oh wow :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The worst pain you have ever felt! just make sure to breath through them. :)
  • They are very very painful
  • For me I couldn't feel them..all I noticed was my belly would get hard and tight and then it would go away. I never had any horrible pain. I was already dilated to 5cm when I first got checked. My water started to leak so that's what made me go in. My doc broke the rest of my water and I had one horrible, insane, hard contraction that made me want to cry and then my epi kicked in and it was smooth sailing from there on out.
  • Um. The best way I can explain when asked is I was pretty sure I know how the people in Alien felt, but the babies weren't coming from the top. Oh and compared to pitocin aggravated contractions, pushing felt AMAZING (and I even tore-still not as bad as contractions). Lol
  • Yes it was very nice. I said of I knew if every pregnancy would be that smooth and labor that easy I would be pregnant tons lol
  • I know right lol @trixiesmom8
  • You might want to prepare your hubby now and tell him that anything you say during labor cannot be held against you lol.