I don't think he likes peas.....

edited May 2012 in Food
As some may know my lo has allergies so I have to be very careful and slow when introducing foods to my lo.
Normally I do baby led weaning but sometimes I'll use pureed food just to see if he will have a reaction to it. I can control what he eats and know he ate some.

Today I introduce peas and, lets just say I don't think he liked them very much...

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Please share your lo's exploring new flavors and their reactions!

Comments

• lol Avocado will hopefully be introduced next week. I never have any on hand when I go to introduce foods to him ... I kinda tend to be selfish and eat it all up and then realize I was going to make him some later.
  • Haha Soo cute
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2012
    Omg what a cute face! I haven't fed hazel and fruits or veggies yet but here's a pic of her first time eating cereal...she really loves oatmeal maybe because I mix it with my breastmilk lol but I can't wait to see her reaction to fruits n veggies

Her first time eating food

• I fed my lo green beans for the first time today and she hated them
  • Lol awesome picture
  • Scrunchy face!!! :)
  • How do u know when ur baby has allergies
  • Btw cute pic
  • Mine eats so fast we dont have time for a photo!! Open and gone in 60s lol... He loves his food!! All of the ones we have given him he gobbles up!!
  • i tried to feed my lo green beans yesterday and she kept gagging so Im guessing she didn't like them. lol. so i threw it away.
  • Lol! cute!! Try warming the veggies up a little see if that makes a difference..
  • @LilliansMom & @RileyAndMe lol thank you. And I don't know why so many people hate peas. I love peas, hubby hates peas, looks like Isaac took up daddy's taste. Peas rock!

@myHEARTZx3 aawww she is so adorable!!! look at her chowing down you'll have a lot of fun when you bring in foods.

@jennalynne87 my lil guy loves loves loves green beans, but those he wont eat pureed at all, he has to have them whole and steamed. I'm wondering if he will like peas more if he has them whole. But they are a bit to small for him to handle at the moment.

@mommyof3girls haahahah thank you, this is totally being printed and framed rofl.

@heyitsme I call it his monster face because he growls while doing it hahaha

@Roxy he had all of the symptoms that didn't clear up until after I took the offending foods out of my diet. Constant congested nose, extreme eczema, wheezing, persistent diaper rash, constant bad spit up, horrible gas, slimy/foul/mucusy poops that after a while began to have blood in them. I had him muscle tested and Dairy (hidden as well, along with beef), soy, grains/grain dust/corn, berries, citrus fruits, acidic foods, caffeine/sugar/chocolate all came up. After removing those from my diet he got better. It took a few months but he has now been a month free of any symptoms. I am having him muscle tested again this Monday to see if he has out grown any of the above allergies/intolerance's and if so I will slowly begin to bring those back into my diet.

@lilbit01_209 he likes to take his time, especially when given food off of my plate. He like to explore it slowly and play with it before eating and pureed he isn't really a fad of but it helps me when bringing new foods into his diet and seeing if he will react to it. Once he passes the four day trial he then gets it in solid form. Wish he would eat more but I know he is just exploring. Thats awesome that your lo loves her foods!

@TheTrondsons1st hahahahaha he just kept giving that face and spitting them out. Keep trying wiht the green beans sometimes it takes a few days before the warm up to the foods... hopefully lol

@AishaMusa I warm them all up to room temp at least. So it wasn't the temp I think it was the actual flavor hahahha we'll be trying them again today so we'll see if its more of a success.
  • Yeah he yells at his teachers when they are feeding another baby.. they give him 'crunchies' to passify him... he could have just had something to eat and still.. For being so little he is a little piggy! LOL...
  • @lilbit01_209 lol thats too cute!
  • @littlefae, i fed mine the gerber ones, they look and smell so nasty! I dont blame her for not liking them
  • Hahaha that's hilarious!!!! The first thing Tessa tried after oatmeal was homemade mashed sweet potatoes. She gagged and I swear she said "yuck!" Lol I have it on video it was so funny
  • @starrxoxo9 - omg hahahaha that was awesome she totally said yuck! hahahaha that made me rofl.

@jennalynne87 these peas were Earths Best and I tried them first and liked them, though apparently to the majority of my friends and family I'm a freak for liking peas hahahaha
  • @starrxoxo9 That was too cute!

Keegan doesn't like anything green.. no peas or green beans. I don't blame her. They look NASTY!!
  • Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

She was full!
  • Wow ok
  • @1stwoodsbaby and taste bad lol
  • That's such an adorable photo!! My son didn't like the Earths Best peas or green beans either, but he loved them whole!
  • Hehe it always makes me laugh!! Now she'll eat anything!! She was chowing down on turkey last night lol

@1stwoodsbaby @bettymomma @littlefae
  • Thought I would share this pic of my Ollie eating a lime melt away shortbread cookie. I made them last night, and he loves them! Lol

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • @Mimii36 lol I love her scrunched up face!!!

@EricaK22 he loves his green beans whole, I'm just not sure how he would do with whole peas at the moment.

@ashley_smashley awww! he's all nom nom nom!!