how do ya'll feel about this

13»

Comments

• I think once they're in school it'd be strange to be breastfeeding. I understand the comfort thing, but I guess in my opinion that's part of growing, finding new comforts, exploring new things..
    That being said if it works for someone who the hell am I to judge? If it doesn't affect me, go for it!
  • I'm probably just going to nurse my baby as.long as I can but to qoute sex and the city "if you're old enough to ask for it then youre too old to have it" don't really care of other people do it for years but I'm not comfortable to do it to my kids. Also that "are you mom enough?" Qoute is offensive to me. Im a working mom of two while going to college so yeah I think I'm pretty "mom enough"! X(
  • I would totally breastfeed a 3 year old. But, with that being said, my oldest two stopped being interested when they were 2. Other kids were around a lot. They kinda just "forgot" about nursing.
  • @ashley_smashley @homebirthadvocate, I'm with you ladies. Who the hell cares when a mother decides to stop nursing? Until someone can provide some psychological evidence and studies that prolonged breastfeeding with "scar" a child, shut the hell up. And I say that in the politest of all ways 8->

I actually read someone say that she probably breastfeeds so that she can "keep her big boobs"...are you serious? Obviously you haven't breastfed for an extended period of time, considering after quite a few months, your breasts go back to the same way they were before pregnancy.
  • edited May 2012
    @mommy2ari, that seems to be a lack of discipline and parenting...not prolonged breastfeeding, lol.
  • @captivated amen about the boobs going back to the same size... I breastfed for 3 months and mine actually were smaller than before getting pregnant.
  • I can say from personal experience (bf till 2.5) my son never "asked" for it, it was just an understanding just like when he was under one. He might of pulled at my shirt occasionally but he did that before his first birthday also...and I could stop him without him freaking out. And after one it is definitely a comfort thing. If he fell and got hurt or at nap and bed time. He never liked cow milk and never drank formula. He's now 6 and can't remember when he was breastfed. He is the most sweet, thoughtful, caring, and intelligent boy I know. And yeah your boobs only stay big while you're EBF. After that they return to normal.
  • That boy has a yummie look on his face. The pic looks strange to me, cuz of the boys facial expression.lol