her leg is purple! (help please) *update*

edited May 2012 in Babies Health
My daughter is asleep and I went to check on her and her right leg is completely purple! What should I do? I straightened it out to see if that helps.. anyone?

Here's a pic so you can see just how purple it is..

Comments

• OMG. I'm not sure.. I'd be freaking out.. hopefully someone can give you some good info.
  • Omg! Take her to the er!!
  • Maybe the way she was sleeping was cutting off her circulation. It looks bad!
  • @everyone (sorry im on my phone to hard to tag everyone) I think I'm gonna give it like 30 mins and if its still purple I'm gonna take her to the er..
  • It could be a circulation issue but i would get her checked i never seen a baby with a leg that purple before better safe then sorry
    Good luck hope it works out well hun
  • ER. i would think that even if she was sleeping in an akward position it wouldn't cut off this much circulation to her leg ?
  • Omg!!! Try to move her leg. Call her pediatrician or go to the er! I hope everything is ok. Please keep us updated!
  • my bf is paramedic he said u need to call 911 right now it's a blood clot she can have a stock and die that is not just from sleeping on it BC our daughter sleeps like that most of the time and that has never happened.
  • I just checked it again not purple anymore but she's back in the same position? Tips on how to keep her from sleeping like that so it wont do that again?!
  • Take her in! I would be frantic!
  • Idk but that was really purple... Keep a close eye on her
  • You're a lot more brave than I am, I would've hauled ass to the ER ASAP. That is not normal, and I've heard that it can be a sign of something life threatening.
  • Circulation can be cut off by tight clothing make sure its lose around herlegs and not pressing down.
  • I'm going to but I want to know why it was so purple.. and gone so quick? Weird! If it happens again off the the er for us
  • And, her other leg looks semi discolored as well. That can't be right!!
  • And go get her check purple leg is not normal =[ hope all is right
  • Her onsie isn't tight and neither is her diaper and now its fine idk but I know I'm not gonna sleep at all tonight gonna be checking on her constantly :-\
  • Yea it looks like the other one was turning purple to hope she's ok keep us updated
  • Well hopefully it's what u think it is and nothing more I would roll up a blanket to prevent her being able to bends that way.hopefully it's not a dvt. Those cause strokes and pulmonary embolisms
  • I would have freaked out! Please take her to get checked. Keep us updated
  • I agree with all... Take her in. Its better than having something happen and it will ease your mind... Show them the pic also..
  • It looks like her little arm was even changing colors. I'm praying she's alright. This is very frightening to me. :-S
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @lilsugarsmomma I don't even need to read it all just the beggining scares me I have a heart defect! :( taking her in now
  • take her in please! even if its gone.
  • Thank you. I'm really scared for you guys, I'm praying for you all. Please update us. I'm very concerned.
  • Take her in now hun. Please don't wait.
  • Sending prayers your way!