serious question. do you REGRET having your child.

edited May 2012 in Pregnant
My sisters child is 13 yrs and acting up like any other teenager. This is the second time my sister is saying it. That she seriously regrets having her not because she is acting up but just because. So I want to know if any of you mums ever felt or feel that way.

Comments

• edited May 2012
    I dont know how to answer you My daughter will be my first and I dont regret Her at all :) but hopefully someone can help you out
    bump bump
    But if she has said this a few times maybe she should go see a physicolgist she could have slight depression issues. My MIL says it from time to time that she regrets her sons and does not mean it because she is suffering depression and bipolar.
  • To a certain degree my sister is like that and she had 5 kids! She's a great provider and looks after all their needs with the exception of affection. She's not a very affectionate mother, nor patient. She's always, I mean ALWAYS saying, ”I can't wait until they grow up and get out on their own!”
  • I had my son at 17, and being a single mum is HARD. I never regretted having him, but i used to resent the responsibility he brought with him, and i used to wonder 'what if' i hadnt kept him. it was a lot to take in n i had to grow up fast, although now i wouldnt change it for the world. maybe thats how she feels but doesnt know how to put it into words.
  • I thought can I be a good mom can I rasie a child? But that was when he was newborn to three months. now I'm outta that stage and would never wish that
  • I was 16 when I got pregnant with my son. I wanted to do adoption because I thought I couldn't do it. I was an honor roll student and in alot of clubs and stuff. I had also just joined show choir. Well I kept my son, Alexavier, who's 4 now. I missed out on alot but I've never regreted it.
  • I think her childs puberty beginning and the kids hermones is what makes her say that...jmo
  • Thank you ladies,I asked her if it was because she had to raise her all by herself and she didn't say anything. What hurts me is that my neice is really a nice girl always helping around the house. When she comes over to my house she helps around so much that I have to wake up very early to do some house work my self. I don't want her going into her teenage years feeling unloved and not wanted.
  • I also told my sister never to say it again in her presence.
  • edited May 2012
    I dont ever and wouldnt ever regret having my daughter or having that in my mind. Yeah times do get tough but you got to remember that EVERYTHING happens for a reason and God wont put more on you than you cant handle. When times do get tough though I just take a few minute break then kiss her all up and show her love. In the end she's only a little baby it's not like she knows how to drive me nuts lol.
  • I don't regret having my oldest.. only I regret the age I had her n the person I had her with.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Never. Children r a blessing.
  • edited May 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't regret my children, but I wish I could have had the same children about 8 years down the road.
  • I'm with captivated. I love my daughter. She's the world in my eyes. But I had her young, and there are times where I wish I could of had her q few years later. It's sometimes very overwhelming to see the things I'm missing out on, thanks to Facebook, like traveling, school, maybe not partying, but being able to go out whenever I wanted, and being able to spend money on my hair rather than diapers. I regret when I got pregnant, but that's my fault, not hers. I don't regret her, and I would never say that to her.
  • Thank @everyone. Glad to know I'm not over reacting
  • Never in a million years do I regret it!
  • Nope, never have nor ever will regret her.
  • @ArmahnisMommy Omg that was like the most beautiful words that i've ever heard a mother say about her kid. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ArmahnisMommy You're Welcome :X
  • Im with @captivated I regret the timing but never ever having them!
  • Never...waited too long (IMO) to get pregnant after ttc for a year. My second one wasn't at all planned but now I couldn't imagine life without my two kids
  • Happy Sunday mothers @everyone
  • Never I had my daughter with my bf which to my family since we are not married is horrible I was super scared of what everyone was going to say it has been hard plus the financial part of it but having my daughter makes me so thankful for every single minute of my day I wish I had many more :)
  • No i never regret having my babies but oi do get frustrated sometimes and take me so"ME TIME" out just by myself no hubby no kids
  • I don't regret having Makenzie although I wish it was with a different dad lol But if it wasn't with him then she would be different and I love her just the way she is.
  • @kayleigh27 I thought at first you had 3 kids :D but then remembered it was @Mrz_Jackson that has 3 kids lol.
  • @AishaMusa yep 3 here an no regrets
  • Its so sad that there's actually people who regret their kids. Even more when there's people out there that have been trying for like a long time and still no child, I wish we could give those kids to the ones that actually want them..