diapers! another update at bottom

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Update...

So we tried the cruisers and she broke out down there. We also just tried carrots which I hear makes them have a diaper rash also. So we stopped both and once the rash goes away we will be trying the diapers again and hopefully it was just the carrots.
  • Hmm that's weird, I have never heard carrots could cause diaper rash :/ I bet it was the carrots though, because your lo does fine with other pampers.
  • Yea idk I'm a little curious cause they said it could be from the dyes in the carrots, but she did just fine with sweet potatoes. @summergirl22
  • I use target brand or luvs...for all three kids. My two year old had a blow out but bc he was in his saucer and I didn't catch it in time it went up his back...yuck! My sister tried luvs and didn't like them. I think its trial and error...buy a small pack and just find one that works best.
  • It's true some hold up different with different babies, but I have to say sometimes it's what I refer to as "diaper user error". My little guy kept waking up soaked in the morning, until I figured out I wasn't fastening the diaper tight enough for bed-time when he's lying flat. Doh! Too loose an application can create droopy drawers with space for poop to escape out the legs, while too tight against the bum can force the poop up and out the back! It's a very delicate balance! Heehee!
  • When I was using disposables I bought kidgets from dollar general. Cheaply price but omg they are amazing for both urine and poop. I cloth diaper with my second.
  • @sehra4177 we tried luvs and they were ok, I guess I like pampers better.
    @ourlittlenugget yea I say that too. I thought I had figured it out, but I guess I was wrong.
    @outlaw_sphinx I never thought to go there for diapers. How is cloth diapering? My friend tried to get me to do it.
  • I do cloth during the day and love it!! :-)
  • Isn't it expensive to get started? @ourlittlenugget @kristaf22
  • Ditto to what Krista said. I got buy 5 get 1 free bumgenius on diapers.com, so 6 diapers for $89 that fit from 8 to 35 pounds. With couponing and sales, I had a great stash of disposables for the first 6 months, but now I only use them at night. I use a top liner on the cloth that I change several times a day, and only go through one cloth diaper a day. Circulating about 3 in between laundry days... :-)
  • @kristaf22 @ourlittlenugget good to know. But I don't think I could handle all the poop going through my washer lol, I hate having to deal with it now and I just have to throw it away lol.
  • Oh my! Me either! I use a paper towel on top and flush the poop!! LOL
  • @ourlittlenugget that's a good idea!
  • Update..again...so the crusiers made her chaff...so we are now on to luvs and if these don't work I guess we are sticking with the baby dry her poop has to start to get solid soon right? Lol
  • imo huggies are the best. well atleast for my daughter, didnt ever have a blowout and she gets a horribl rash from anything else but huggies.
  • @mommylovessparkle I tried huggies..I actually stocked up on them before she was born...since the hospital used pampers, we loved them..plus it was nice to have that line turn colors when she got wet since hubby hadn't changed a diaper before and didn't know what to look for. They gave us a trail package of huggies and they were smaller than the pampers so we never did use them. I tried some of the smaller packages I got at my shower but I still wasn't overly in love with them so we stuck with pampers. I returned all the big boxes I had bought so I didn't waste money and they didn't take up space. I haven't bought any since.
  • My lo was allergic to pampers so we have to use huggies but i prefer generic like target or dollar general better
  • Have u tried the snug an dry huggies the ones n the white bag I actually like those I don't use them but I have before an they were pretty good
  • @stephdue_101611 I would try the target brand but the closest one to us is like 45min away:-( I guess if I buy two boxes at once it may work.
    @mrz_jackson no I haven't..I guess since we didn't like the snugglers I just thought I wouldn't like them all. We bought a tub from babies r us that had little movers in it..maybe ill try those after I run out of the luvs...ugh I didn't think diapers would be an issue almost 8 months in.
  • Yea I do not like the little movers at all either they have those snug an dry at the dollar store for 10$ if u decide to try them . But my baby is 8 months to an I still use the swaddlers size 3 I never have any leaks or blowouts
  • We babysit my baby cuzin an she has always wore luvs an she ran out of diapers one day so I put one of my babys swaddlers on her an every since then shes been bringn swaddlers for her so I guess she liked them to
  • @mrz_jackson that's cool she uses them now. We used the swaddlers when she was younger but I guess she pees a lot cause we could smell it. I didnt really care for her smelling like that all the time so we switched to the baby dry but now she is pooping out of them so now I'm trying to find one that holds both poo and pee lol.
  • I always had leaks the wit the baby dry wished the cruisers wuld have worked for her there pretty good
  • Yea me too...oh well, luvs seems to be working well for us. @mrz_jackson
  • O thats awesome an there a lil cheaper an u get a ton In the boxes !! I tried one of my cuzins but they leaked for me I hoping they wuld work cuz they worked awesome on my nephew
  • @mrz_jackson I guess we are sticking with those since age hasn't had any problems with them.
  • She not age