Is the world coming to an end soon?

edited July 2012 in Current Events
I'm sorry, but is it just me? I feel like with all this out of the blue,, uncontrollable heat this just might be a sign.

Comments

• Yes. But I don't think the heat has one iota to do with it!
  • I have been thinking the same thing @YNVTish things are just so bad out here!!
  • Did you know that 1 in 7 people believe the world will end soon?
  • It's supposed to end 21st of December this year. But it was supposed to end in 2000 and we are still here. If people really believed it they would plan events in the near future.
    Well that's my opinion. X
  • I read that the December 21st perdition made by myans can't be true, because they didn't have leap year then and if you calculate in all of the leap days, the day they predicted would have been in I believe October a few years ago.
  • Aw didn't know that, there was a guy saying it was going to end in may and it didn't happen. X
  • @tinksmommy, I saw that one too. It was proven to be a little myth. The leap year thing wasn't true.
  • Who actually really knows tbh. How can anyone know that for sure? X
  • The Mayan long count calendar is based on days, not solar cycles.. Because of that, leap days are irrelevant. @tinksmommy. Sorry, just random info. I'm like a pool of useless knowledge. Lmao.
  • First off the calendars in question were discovered in the 70's and until the movie came no one gave a crap and now Hollywood has once again put out bucketloads of false information.

They found two more Myan calendars a few months ago...

Also they never predicted the end of the world they were a polytheist culture who believed in a change in times and Gods/kings. The new calendar takes off where the old one left off.
  • I never believed that 2012 crap. I don't believe anyone will know when the world will end.
  • @captivated shit. Lol I was really holding on to thqt little piece of info. After seeing the movie 2012 I'm seriously horrified about the end of the world.
  • @captivated

I know when, I'm just not telling anyone. ;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Mama_Kat never heard about it but It sounds awesome ! I always worry about the world my kids are living in u can't evn let kids go out an play in the yard without worrying about them getn kidnapped evn if ur out there with them I'm only 24 but wen I was kid we never had to worry about stuff like that times have changed so much an so fast its sad :(
  • edited July 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes, I believe the end is very near!
  • But not this year or because of the mayan calander
  • @mama_kat

Thank you! That's what I was trying to say. Have you read anything on the generation of crystal children? I read a book about it years ago but it talks about how with each generation of children "old world"/physic gifts are becoming prominent. Not sure if I believe it or not yet, but it goes along with your silver era theory.

Might be interesting to you I found it to be rather intriguing.
  • @mama_kat @conreeaght A site you may or may not know crystalinks.com would probably be interesting to the two of you. Go to the alphabetical index and just scroll through. There are tons of interesting reads on that site :)
  • Cool points...I just believe it could happen now, in an hour, day, few months, or years and years from now. :) just the way I think of it - just living life
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2012
    Im with @mamakat on this one :)
  • on December 21st the mayans predicted that our solar system will pass through the milkyway galaxy. they saw this as passing from the mortal world to the spiritual world. hence The end. nasa has done research and believes nothing will happen when we pass through.
  • I believe there is one person that knows the end :-)
  • We are in the milky way galaxy. We arent passing through it. On that day, we will allign with the center of the galaxy @thetrondsons1st
  • I love the way everyone thinks here... All so different but all extremely believable. The funny thing is Hell I believe all of you cause it all sounds so true.