custody...

2»

Comments

• edited July 2012
    @second_time_mommy7 ... The courts do hair strand tests that can detect back as far as 3 years.

Oh and text messages can't be used in court for a custody hearing ... Only for a murder trial. But that's in California it maybe different in other states.
  • He won't make an effort to come see him @second_time_mommy7 i ALWAYS have to be the one to take him 30 miles. I live in Austin & he lives in round rock. & he didn't know how to make a bottle or feed him. Doesn't change diapers either. Never been alone with him EVER. He'll play with him for like 15 minutes & then hands baby back to me, wnaybehich i don't mind btw :D he'll see him maybe every 2 weeks ..but it's always with me there. I'm so scared to let him even crawl around his place b/c i don't want him to accidentally find some of his drugs or if any might have fallen on the floor. I'm such a paranoid & protective mom i know lol but i have all the right reasons
  • @ynvtish when I went to court I requested a drug test, they only gave my bd a urine test and I had to pay $30 for it since I requested it.
  • If you are ok with the way things are right now I would let it be... If he doesn't get him alone now just let it go. If you take him for a visit and he tries to say they are going somewhere alone or if he tries to come pick him up tell him no and leave it at that, if he has a problem with it he can go file for visitation rights. As of right now you have full custody, there is no need for you to file and doing so will only give him the opportunity to say he wants rights and possibly get them. I know that you have a ton of evidence against him but its very rare that a father doesn't get any right at all.
  • Because he is on the birth certificate when he has him, he can legally keep him. Do not let him have visitation until you get a parenting plan. You'll have to file a motion for full custody and you can mention his drug problem, and tell the judge he does drugs and he can order him to get help.
  • Dont fix what ain't broken.

In TX, you are considered the custodial parent if unmarried. As far as drug testing is considered, good luck with that. I attempted this in my case and even if (which is unlikely unless there is a DOCUMENTED history on his part) the judge grants it, you will be responsible for the costs. If not fully responsible, you will be required to pay half. This can cost, including psych evals and guardian ad litem, upwards of 5k. On top of your own attorney's fees which can cost between 5-50k. Mine cost 50k without any guardian ad litem, drug or psych evals.

Keep in mind that 70% of contested custody battles are won by the fathers in the US. The "mother" states are an old myth. The tables gave turned since the feminist movement.
  • If you have any questions, feel free to inbox me. I fought for three years and won against the odds. There are so many myths you should be aware of, especially the "no good mother loses custody". It isn't about that. It is about money. Who has the better attorney. That's IT. My ex was a drug addict and alcoholic WITH documentation. He still won initially versus me wgo had no criminal history, drug or alcohol.
  • I just talked to him about this & he said he's not gonna fight something that he'll lose. So idk :/ i do have a few good lawyers in my family & some friends, maybe one of them can represent me :/ @captivated @second_time_mommy7 & @CristinaLynn
  • I really wouldnt bother unless you know it is going to be an issue. Court appointed mediation is free and will likely render better results. :)