charlie horse?

So I used to get charlie horse when I was pregnant and my son is 14 months now but lately Ive been having them so frequently is it normal? yesterday was the worst it literally had me crying do any of you ladies who aren't pregnant get this?

Comments

• im pregnant at the minute and get it so bad!! the other night it woke me up and i was in so much pain!!
    but i did used to get it years ago before i was pregnant with my first son! im overweight and.only ever got it when i had done too much walking which i wasnt used to! with this pregnancy its the same! if i take my son out al day to the park or walkin, thats when i end up getting it!
  • Trick:

As soon as you feel it coming on, flex your foot up and it will immediately disappear.
  • ^^^^^hahaha I didnt know that until I randomly did it without anyone telling me. This is true!
  • this didnt work for me last time! i usually do it and it goes but last time it lasted about 20minutes and then the next day when i was walkin around i could feel little twinges!
  • @denois Ive been workin on my feet all day every dayfor the past 3wks I guess that exactly why its happening a lot @captivated thanks for the tip: )@bettymomma I've randomly had that too. My husband is such a fool he just doesn't know how bad it is I wish he got them LOL
  • iv also kept gettin cramp in my hands! dunno if thats related to being pregnant or not?!
  • @denois I don't think the hands is normal but I may be wrong you should ask your doctor next time!
  • I think I remember cramps and Charlie horse type occurances are a lack of potassium. Try to eat a banana a day. It should lower how often it happens.
  • I hate leg cramps they have me saying OUCHIE MAMA even thinking about um. My hubby came home from work yesterday telling me a guy at work used to have really bad leg cramps, until he put a bar of soap in bed with him I guess he swears by it. An I guess he tried all other methods to get rid of um.
  • Ugh. Had these so much when I was younger. One Thursday I had it before I woke up for school, so my leg was sore all day. Then the next morning had another one 5x worse. I had to miss school that day, it was so bad.