.. no heartbeat... *update at top 8w1d*

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Your doctor is correct with being worried. A fetal pole is identified via U/S at 6.5 weeks and a heartbeat is located around that time and seven weeks. I hope you are just earlier than they are thinking. Fingers crossed for you hun.
  • @captivated sadly, the doc is convinced of my dates (even though I feel I ovulated later than I was supposed to) but I've been reading where bc of the retroverted uterus, sometimes it makes it difficult to see anything.... So that's what I'm banking on right now.
  • It is slightly harder to visualize with a retroverted uterus, however, if you had a transvaginal U/S (probe inserted inside you), that reasoning is kind of out. Success with transvag and fetal HB and pole are pretty good. As you pass 6 weeks, the chances of not seeing it drop lower. Did you have one of those ultrasounds, or over the belly? It can also affect hearing the HB on a doppler. It's not impossible to miss though, just low. I hope to god that's it. I would definitely not worry until you are further along :) %%-
  • I had my first u/s @7 weeks with my baby bc they thought he was in my tubes and all he was then was a sac, told me high chance for miscarriage.and if I hadn't started bleeding to come back next week, and no.blood so I went back and bam! baby boy was there bouncing around. my uterus is tilted, which totally sucks cause you don't feel all the cool movements, just bumps here and there, and I had a transvag u/s and I asked how come we couldn't see baby last week and they told me it all depends on its position with a tilted uterus. so don't stress yet mama!!
  • @mommyofchristmasbaby omg awesome, that's what I've been hearing, depending on the placement in the uterus.... Thank you!!!! Gives me that much more hope for next week!!!
  • @RedShadoe0 yes, it was horrible later on, took forever to feel him move and all but definitely don't stress!! :)
  • The doc have always told me we can't do a checkup even until 8weeks so they didn't allow me to do an ultrasound also... So before 8weeks I think it's just waaaay to early to tell anything..theres a reason why a pregnany lasts as long as 9months...
  • I know my ob doesn't do ultrasounds until at least 8wks. Although I begged for one at 6 wks with my second pregnancy after I had a mc. It depends on how new the machine is. I know the newer ones can see a 4 wk sac fairly well.
  • @mommyfor3 @mama_kat follow up had to be moved to Thursday bc.of the hurricane.... And Thursday is kind of tentative still. Yaaaaaay.... But still no spotting whatsoever, and just normal cramping. So far so good!!!
  • Stupid hurricane!! Doesnt it know it can't interfere with doc apts for the pregly world? Lol
  • @trixiesmom8 @mama_kat right?!?!? But it honestly doesn't bother me that much bc I know I'm still preggo and another day just gives the little bean more time to grow and prove the doc wrong!!! (i hope haha) only thing that sucks is I think I'm riding this hurricane out alone. Oh well!!! The damn thing better show me some cool stuff to make up for messing my appts up!!!!
  • Oh he/she WILL prove the doc wrong! Lol I would be freaking out if I was home alone. I hate bad weather!! Every time it thunderstorms or we have a tornado warning I text hubby a
  • And tell him he can come home early if he wants lol.
  • I have been stalking this post.. im glad you are not having any other symptoms, omg is going to be exciting when you get to hear the heart beat, but Thursday seems so far away
  • @thehumancrockpot no, luckily I live on some higher ground... people south of me have been evacuated though! I just went exploring down on the beach... its insane. It's not even high tide yet and the water is up to the highway already. It's gonna be interesting!! Just hunker down in the house and watch it!
  • I was going to ask how you are doing, i have been stocking your post too.
  • Good luck tomorrow and I will be dying to hear great news! What time is your appt?
  • edited August 2012
    @jodi102011 @proudmother1009 @thehumancrockpot @trixiesmom8 @mama_kat bad news.... Brown spotting today. Not much... Only when I wipe and only twice today. *sigh*
  • its brown spotting girlie-- ur still ok..i read as long its not bright red! keep positive
  • Don't worry, just probably old blood. It will be ok, don't stress!
  • Don't worry! Try to rest and drink lots of water.
  • It's fine hun..brown is old blood, if its bright then you can worry.