Postpartum Swelling

edited August 2012 in Postpartum Health
I gave birth 4 days ago..today I had to take my son to the drs. I noticed when I would walk around I would start getting a headache, and my legs would swell up really bad. I no longer can see my ankles because of it.

Is this normal? Should I be getting a headache every time I walk?

Comments

• I had tons of swelling after I think because of all the fluids. Did you get fluids while in the hospital? I don't know about the headaches tho
  • edited August 2012
    @sands3 yes, I had to have several hours of fluids after delivery because I lost a few pints of blood. I figured the excess fluids would of been out of my system by now.
  • I swelled a lot after I had my son. I couldn't fit my flip flops lol
  • Just like others said, the iv fluids and can take awhile to clear out.
  • @ezrasmommy did your face get puffy PP as well?

@bahamamama4828 do you think the headaches are related to the swelling? When I get up I start getting one, and my blood pressure is normal.
  • I swelled like crazy, everywhere. The headaches can be from a number of things, epidural, dehydration, lack of sleep, hormones and stress.
  • Yup just like mijita said. There's epi headaches.
  • I couldn't really tell you. My face got really big when I was pregnant lol. So I guess it was swollen the whole time
  • edited September 2012
    Please have your blood Pressure checked ASAP. I ended up Back in the hospital a week after delivering because I had preeclampsia after delivery I had to be put
    On magnesium my blood pressure was 218/117
    Check blood pressure several times a day at different times