potty training my 10 mon old :)

So I was skeptical at first but at 9 mon I started putting him on the potty and just distracting him with toys so gets used to sitting on it. Now a month later, every time I change his diaper he goes on the potty and immediately pees! Im so thrilled! Now Im teaching him to say potty, so hopefully in a few months when he starts talking more he can say potty. I would love if by 18 mon ue can ask for the potty on his own. Im now definitely one to encourage potty training early... nothing worse than.a.3 and 4 year old in diapers! No offense to anyone... trust me I have such an active baby that wont sit still for a minute. Also Im fortunate to be able to stay home with him, its definitely a time commitment too! Anyone else have any luck with early potty training?

Comments

• Hmm...I wonder what Ollie would do if I sat him on the potty...
  • Try it! Just have patience and dont expect anything at first. Its all about getting them ised to it and thwn.slowly they figure out what to do. Once they do award them by clapping, kisses, hugs, whatever you see fit :)
  • Oh that's wonderful; good for you! I tried putting mine on the potty right away, but he cried. I got a more comfy baby potty, but he still whines about sitting on it. He's almost 11 months now, and I really want to get him in the habit. Maybe I'll try your toy trick. ;-)
  • Ok I always wondered this....I have a boy sui we start them sitting down right? When Do u have them stand And pee?
  • I started doing it at 9ish months too. He will pee on the potty. But we stopped because of moving and stuff. Will start again when we get to hawaii and he'll be 15 mo. I hate seeing 3-4 yr olds with diapers bottles and binkies.
  • I feel like the worst parent now! I need to get my 13month old on the potty ASAP! :)
  • Me too @monkey_girl Malia is 13 mo today, gunna get a potty soon.
  • Lol its never too late. Yes I have him sit down... offertoys, give them food ir something to hold and chew on, anything to keep them occupied abd sit longer. At first he would sit 5-7 mins... now within a minute he goes and then.fusses wanting up like he knows hes done :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ive thought about putting Makenzie on the potty because she already has Bms at the same time everyday lol. I just don't want her to get scared and then when it comes time to actually really need to be potty trained her not want to go.
  • Lauren started at 9 months too!! She's in love with her potty!!:) pees in it every time and poops a few times a week. She will be one next Tuesday.
  • I was just telling my bf we needed to buy our 14.5 month old a potty! I'm gonna go get one tomorrow and start teaching him. :) congrats for getting him to use the potty so early!!!!
  • edited September 2012
    I wanna start training my daughter after our move. My goal is to have her trained or almost trained before baby number 2 comes.

Okay question, do you put them on every little while during the day but keep diapers on or how do you do it? Sorry FTM no idea how to potty train lol.
  • That's so awesome! My son is 13 months, I want to try this! Any tips ladies? Esp for little boys...
  • Yeah I wanna try Potty training my 12 month old already but I'm a first time momma any tips on training a boy?
  • My LO just wants to put her feet in her potty.
  • I know a few people who have done this since birth. It's called elimination communication :)
  • @YNVTish my niece was the same for ages, she has just turned two and is in pants at home now. Or she would wear it as a hat lol, but generally standing in it would be her thing!

Riley is 10.5 months and now I'm wondering if I should get him a potty already! Leo was probably just over one when he got his, I started properly training him at 2 years 3 months and he took about 2/3 weeks to get the hang of it completely in and out the house. He would have probably been ready a bit before but with Christmas and a cruise holiday in Jan I waited until we got back!
  • When you potty train a lo is who less than a year dont expect to do "potty training for 2 weeks and they are out of diapers". Its a different concept for babies vs. Toddlers. A 2-3 year old, your goal is to train.them.to use it and ask for it so they are out of diapers
    A little one like my 10 mon old the purpose is to grt him used to it so when its not something strange once you are ready to get rid of diapers.they say boys are harder to potty train than girls. I got a "cars" potty... it has a coushon to sit ..on and a little splash guard fir boys so they dont pee outside. My personal gaol is by 18 mon to have him be able to ask to go and wear pull ups mainly for accidents and overnight obviously. By 2 i want him completely out of diapers... we shall see! :)