boyfriends mom thinks she runs everythingg.!

edited January 2011 in Second Trimester
Okay so ever since my fiances mom found out about my pregnancy, she has tried to run everything. She hasn't told her parents yet. I told her at 12 weeks. I'm now 16 weeks. She decided to tell me today that I can't put anything about the baby or the progress on my facebook until she decides to tell her parents... and she told her son (my fiance) he needs to stay home for a year and a half while he is at collegee. She is making me want to blow up. I'm so ready to explode!

Comments

• Tell your man to tell her to back off gently. If she doesn't you try gently. If she still doesn't I'd tell her that is she wants to be apart of het grandchilds life then shed better back the f**k up...gently though lol. Don't let her run it. This is your nine months. Not hers
  • Also... This is your news first and always first. Best to remind her of that...in a nice way of course but be firm or you'll become a doormat.
  • @2babylove: yeah we have both told her she needs to back off. She doesn't treat her son right either. Its rediculous for herr to charge her son rent. Every month when we r trying to save money for this baby.. I hate this woman.
  • @rmckeown77: I've told her that over and over again. She is relentless.
  • Its YOUR baby.. blab on fb all you want girl.. if she isn't gonna slack off, then don't stress it (not good for you or baby) just smile & make yourself happy. The nicer you are, the more it'll eat her alive!
  • I was young when I got pregnant and married. I despise my mother in law. She took over and always said my way was the wrong way. BUT.... it is her grandchild and you can already tell she loves the baby already. Yes, it is YOUR baby and he should have to gently talk to her about that but its good to have help from family. You're going to need it. I still can't stand my MIL but I bite my tounge unless necessary cause she helps me out a lot. My husband and I would never have dates or hang out with our friends if she didn't give us a break every once in a while. Just saying.
  • Be just as relentless. Or just ignore crazy requests and do ur thing. She can "try" to run the show but you dont have to let that fly. Youre an adult and a mother. Own it!
  • edited November 2014
  • Maybe you could tell her parents. It's not her choice when everyone finds out. Good luck to and try not to stress too much.
  • I'm nearly the same except its my mom... she comes to my Dr apts and talks about how her pregnancies went... I just told her straight shut up this is my pregnancy not yours I understand you're excited but I have a mouth I can talk for myself ill do what I want because I know what I'm doing... if u want your advice ill ask... now shush and let ne enjoy this
  • Or something like that..