Discharge common???

edited January 2011 in First Trimester
I did recently have a yeast infection which I did take a 7 day treatment for. However, I am noticing discharge daily. Is this normal? I am 11 wks along, its enough to stain my under garments but not an abundant amount. Is this common?

Comments

• If it is clear or white it is common its just your glands producing an extra amount of liquid and lubercation in you body. I have the same thing and my doctor said it was very normal.
  • Yes it is white/yellow, just wanted to make sure everything is ok.
  • Yeah everything is fine and to get the stains out use vinager and baking soda.
  • Yupp.. my doc warned me about it before it started so any of my pretty panties I like, I always get the tiny little pads & wear in them & then just lounge around in all the others.. very common & the vinegar & baking soda does work, I do it too if its needed!!
  • Mine has increased also, which normally was already a lot. I've adapted to panty liners everyday, all day, except bedtime. Just keep them fresh.
  • I was worried about this too. I just bought some cheapo undies from WalMart to wear during the day, and wash them normally. If they get a little messed up, I don't mind.
  • Mmmmhhmmmmm....got that over here too lol
  • Ha ha, thanks ladies. I was starting to get a little concerned. Yeah I just bought some cheap underwear from wal mart. I was like there is no way I could have another yeast infection again.lol
  • Yup I have always had a discharge.... but when I got pregnant it got heavier my doctor says its totally normal. Mine is a milky white color
  • It's not your imagination. It's quite common to have more vaginal discharge during pregnancy.

What you're noticing is probably normal leukorrhea – the odorless or mild-smelling milky discharge that you may have noticed in your underwear before you were pregnant. There's just a lot more of it now, partly because of increased estrogen production and greater blood flow to the vaginal area. This discharge is made up of secretions from the cervix and vagina, old cells from the walls of the vagina, and normal bacterial flora from the vagina.
    You'll probably notice more vaginal discharge as you approach labor, although it's likely to look somewhat different from the flow you've become accustomed to. Call your practitioner right away if you're not yet at 37 weeks and you notice an increase in discharge or a change in the type of discharge (if it becomes watery, mucus-like, or bloody – even if it's just tinged with pink or brownish old blood). This can be a sign of preterm labor. You should also call your caregiver if you suspect that you have an infection. If you have an odorless, whitish discharge that's causing you discomfort such as pain with urination or intercourse, soreness, itching, or burning – or your vulva looks inflamed – you might have a yeast infection. If you notice a thin white or gray discharge with a fishy smell after sex (when the discharge mixes with semen), you may have a different kind of vaginal infection called bacterial vaginosis. Hope this helps. :)