middle name..MIL doesnt like

edited January 2011 in Baby names
So my MIL called me today to ask what I was going to name my daughter for the baby shower invitations. I plan to use the middle name parker and she was like 'oh.' And was quiet after that. Now she has me feeling all self conscious about my name choice. Is it that bad? I know it shouldn't matter since she already had her kids and has no say in what I should name her granddaughter

Comments

• Everyone has their own opinions. If you and your husband like it then that's all that should matter.
  • I think that is so cute for a lil. Girl!
  • That's what I think too. But like I said im feeling all self conscious about it. But I still like the name
  • edited January 2011
    Girl I had sophie picked out & some chick was like.. I have a poodle named sophie.. now I can't decide on a girls name for anything :( Parker is very cute though.. I hate how people don't care to make you feel bad or question yourself.
  • DON'T listen to anyone else! My middle name means 'Rose' in Cherokee Indian, so my husband and I settled on the name Allison Rose for our daughter & we both love it! But when I told my brother what the middle name was going to be, he paused, then said "...and what's your second choice?"... I politely informed him that there was no second choice, and that we'd already agreed on the name... all I can say is if someone else has a problem with the name- they should have their own baby & name it whatever they want! Lol... good luck! But be firm & polite ;)
  • Exactly! I didn't want to tell anyone the name until I absolutely had to because I knew the family would have.something to say. Shes more traditional because all her kids names. And I didn't want too be traditional. At least its not something kooky and weird like some of celebrity kids
  • Yeah, my mom was a hippie & named me Jayde Ogin... lol... I wanted classic, traditional names for mine! Haha... but yeah, YOU & your partner are the ones who created this life & YOU are the one who will carry & nurture this baby for the next 9 monthes, and YOU & your partner are the ones who will care for & raise this child... therefore, in my opnion, the two of you are the only ones who really need to approve of the name... best of luck =)
  • @mommy3 I love that name I wanna name mine sofia if its a girl and who cares she named her poodle a human name ? That's silly Sophia is the top name in 2010 or in top 10 for sure . I say its beautiful. Stick with it .:) and when she grows up that poodle will probably die no offense but its not like its ur pet that will always b there
  • Lol that's true. Name your girl sophia
  • I think you should stick with parker. And @mommy3 I agree with kayleigh27. Name her Sophia, also people look at there animals as kids now, so anyones name is a poodle somewhere lol. Ladies, name your kids w.e you want the in laws and other people need to understand, its our babies! :)
  • Thanks so much ladies (:
  • Yeah thank you :">