On My Way!!! Scared and Nervous

edited March 2011 in Giving birth
We are on our way to the hospital for a scheduled induction. I have never been induced and I'm scared and nervous because I have heard horror stories about how intense pitocin makes contractions. I feel like I'm going to puke!! I try to just think that sometime today I will be holding my baby girl, but my heart is racing and I was up half the night.

Ugh....any words or wisdom for me about inducing?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Unfortunately I don't have any words of wisdom but I just want to wish you luck and everyone is different so it could be completely fine for you! Think positive and hopefully you'll be holding your baby soon. :-)
  • I wasn't induced but I had the pitocin..it is strong but not right away I didn't start feeling the contractions until I was 4cm..but everyone is diff...I also didn't have a natural child birth turnd out my son was to big lol 10.3 nd the c section recovery was really easy for me nd I heard a lot of horrible recovery stories so it jst depends on the person nd how u handle pain..is this ur 1st?? By the way good luck I can't wait to have my bby in 6 wks
  • I was induced but never dialated but I have a scheduled c-section on the 1st of April if the twins last that long lol good luck and keep us posted
  • Good luck mama!!! No words of wisdom cuz this is my first, but i was reading about labor and delivery last night (how ironic), and there was a big section about induction.....the process doesnt hurt you or take very long at all, and once you're induced everything just falls into place....good luck mama, and remember to use breathing techniques cuz they'll help :)
  • edited March 2011
    When your contractions started getting rough stay calm & don't be tense.. they ease up when you're more relaxed. Good luck & I hope you have a healthy, beautiful baby girl (: you'll do great!!!
  • Bein induced isn't as bad as ppl r makn it out 2 b. I waz induced @ 40 weeks 5days. Contractions 4r me wasn bad at all. Every persn/pregncy iz dffrnt. Stay calm & relax cuz evrythng will b fine. Good luck & Congrats :)
  • Words of wisdom BREATH make sure u breath the pain out I had the drip synntocyn (sp) sorry its what they call it here in aus n it was painful how ever I took razberry leaf tablets n it was like the drip just advice breath n stick to Ur original birth.plan pain can make u think strange
  • GoOd LucK lol
  • @hoosiermamaof4 its ok your not alone. I'm on my way to the hospital for my induction also. You have the right mind set. Just think about hour baby girl. Best of luck.