Wic.. Help!

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Ok I am 33 weeks 1 day and have yet gone to set up wic. If anyone could help me by answering these questions. What information do I need to bring? Will by they see me that day or schedule for an appointment? Also do I need to put my bf on it we live together but arent married yet. I think if hes on it with our income combined theyll deny us. Please help :)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think wic is more about the health of the mother than focus of income though I could be wrong. I needed proof of pregnancy from my doctors office and my most recent pay stubs. I called their local office number and was set up for an appointment the following week. I live in South Fla so im not too sure if there are any different criterias for other states...
  • Birth certificate, proof of income, 2 proofs of residence, maybe ID. You don't have to tell them he lives with you, you can name him as a proxy, so he can use your wic checks. Depends on how busy they are, but usually when I went, they printed my checks right away and set up my next appointment.
  • Everytime I try to call I can never get ahold of a person. I get ahold of a machine and when they called back they told me to call the number again or come in which didnt make sense lol.
  • I live in lansing mi and all my oregnant friends here are in a diff county so they dont know how to get ahokd of them either.
  • Were both on the lease do you think theyll pay attention to that?
  • Proof of income I.e. check stubs, or food stamps, medicaid

Proof of where you live, utility bill or something.
  • I have an apt tom you need proof of pregnancy proof of residency proof of income I wouldn't put your boyfriend on at all because if they look at your license n see.your at the same address.your.screwed so I'd.put it in just your name gl
  • But his name is on our lease too
  • Id, income, and residence. You don't need to include your bf, they aren't going to check your lease. They definitely process on a needs basis, so if you're income is too high you won't get it, but you can check that info online to be sure you meet the requirements. Men with children can use it as well, even tho the name stands for women/infants/children. And the sooner you get on it, the better-pregnancy will count as you having a child so you will be eligible for the checks right away. You'll get milk, cheese, and veggies,probably a farmer's market check, etc. Once the baby's born, if you qualify (or breast feed) you'll still get that kind of stuff or you'll get checks for formula. My family wouldn't have survived after my first was born without WIC.
  • When I did medicaid I put him on the papers. I got medicaid but they denied us foodstamps bc of his income.
  • @firsttimemommytobe We got checks for a 3 person family when we used it. Maybe that was just our area, tho, idk.
  • I got my wic yesterday all I needed was my id I put my husband as proxy that's all you gotta get this form filled out from your doctor it shows pregnancy and your hemocrit level and all that stuff from your blood test you took at the doctors

• Ive tried calling cant get ahold of anyone but on my next day off ill go to wic thanks
  • Heres the # to WIC
    1-800-942-3678

Its really easy and quick to get WIC
  • Ive gotten my proof of pregnancy there already lol im 33 weeks and doing this super late. It was busy the day we went in and they were about to close. Thanks for.the.number