Whats the best pain med to take other than the epidural?

edited January 2011 in Third Trimester
I want a natural but ppl keep mentioning the pain and I dont want edidural any moms tajen another drug that benefitted them?

Comments

• Every person is different. Me and my friend both had pethadine, it worked great for my friend (she fell asleep on toilet thts how well it worked for her) yet when I had it for me it didnt even take the edge off the pain. I ended up having epidural with my boy.
  • How she wake up to push?
  • I tried the demoral but it didnt work it was like i drunk untill the contraction came and i was in serious pain again... I went with the epidural both times..And plan on it this time too...Good Luck!!
  • I PLAN to go all natural too, god knows I might back out of that.
  • I took nubain with my first so i'd be able to sleep. I was only 2 cm dilated and exhausted (I was induced and had been having contractions for 8+ hrs at that point. It helped a lot, I actually slept for a while (but it was definitely like being a little drunk). I don't know that it would have helped with the contractions, though, and it would have been weird to feel that way while pushing (not that I ever got to that point-my labor stalled and I had a c-section).
  • I wanna go natural to. I have a few friends and cousin that did and they said its painful and u just need to have a lot of concentration and control but in the end is all worth it. Am going to take some classes to help me with that hopefully it works. Good luck hope it goes well
  • My first pregnancy I went natural I had no choice because my labor was 45 minutes. begining to end I don't remember it being too bad maybe cause adrenaline kicked in plus when I saw my baby boy I was so happy I forgot about the whole labor...my second and 3d pregnancy s I had an epidural ....this one I would like to go natural as well my best friend is a Reflexologist so we shall see how that goes but if it's a long hard labor ill most likely break down any get the epidural.
  • I had 2 boys natural no pain meds my first was 8 lbs 2 oz and my second was 8 lbs 10 oz and it was easy don't let the pain scare u...u won't even remember the pain once the baby is out I plan on having this baby natural too!
  • I've been told by my midwife if you take yoga and walk during your pregnancy you will have a shorter and easier labor. That's my plan because I would like to have a natural birth but we'll see this is my first so who knows.
  • @momy2b0311 her partner carried her bk to the bed she ws only 4cm when she had it and it had started to wear off a bit by the time she had to push :-)
  • I had diamorphine not sure how to spell it as I had been in labour for 20hrs and was too much for me and that took pain away but also made me feel abit drunk but made contractions bareable and 6 hours after that I had my gawjuss lil girl :)