baby shower....

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Okay this is baby #4 and am wondering if a baby shower still okay and if so should I plan and throw one of my own or expect my three sister, mother and boyfriend to throw one for me? What would u do???

Comments

• I don't see anything wrong with having another one, I think all babies should be celebrated, not one over another. :) I personally, would throw my own shower because then you can do what you want! I also suggest writing on every invitation saying if you bring a pack of diapers you will be entered in a raffle drawing. Gives you loads of diapers!!! :)
  • My sis friend had a bby shower on her 4 th...she had boy girl boy girl...so idk if she had any girl stuff for her newborn ..
    If you dont feel right ..you can make it a diaper party..
  • Lol wow never heard of that. My issue is I have three kids with my ex husband; the oldest is a girl (Alexa) age 7, then my two boys (Daniel Jr and Roy) ages 5 and2...this baby is with my current boyfriend and it's a girl. Everyone is happy for us cause it's our first And a girl which we both wanted but now i dont know if i should exprct a shower from family and friends or just throw one of my own and not wait for them and then end up with out one. Its my last baby so i do know i want a shower. What to do??? What to do???
  • Personally I wouldn't expect a shower from my family if I were in your shoes. Not that your newest baby isn't special but because it is your 4th and the youngest is only 2. So Just knowing that about You I would assume that you already have a lot of the big ticket items. So im guessing your family is probably thinking the same thing. I say through it yourself make it real casual and definitely do the diaper raffel thing!
  • I heard your supposed to have a shower for your 1st baby..or if they are far apart in age.

I agree @314babymama1120 people are expecting you to have a lot of things left over since this is your 4th.

Maybe have a "celebration of birth" after the baby is born, so it wont look like your trying to look for the gifts and stuff...