is anyone a stepparent and have to deal with the ex?

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
This woman is crazy. I have been with my boyfriend for four years, when his ex wife found out I was pregnant she called into work for a week because she was having a "nervous breakdown." Now she has told my step daughter she is not allowed to talk about her baby sibling because it hurts her feelings. I did not get pregnant to make this woman mad, I think she OS pathetic and do not understand why she would prevent her daughter from expressing her happiness. What do I do?

Comments

• When I had my daughter my stepsons mom told my fiance it should have been hers ans still hates me til this day. My daughter is 2 since October!
  • When my finances ex found out about my pregnancy she moved halfway across the country. But still tries to get him back... I don't get it. She cheated on him over and over again. I don't get what makes them think they have the right. My ex is remarried and I could give two shits;)
  • Me either cuz when they were together she kept braking his heart and cheating as well as excluding him from the pregnancy she found out I was pregnant 3wks b4. I had her & all of a sudden wanted him back.
  • some of these women need to be committed... or medicated
  • Yikes! I specifically told my husband I didn't want to get involved if there was drama with his ex wife. Luckily, she's happy for us and plans on sending the kids over to visit this summer :) Just be strong and try not to let the crazy ladies upset you during this time. Its your time to be happy and your partner's ex has no right to rain on your parade.
  • Thanks for the advice. This woman has been trying to ruin our relationship since the beginning. While I was away for 6 months at basic training and air, she tried everything in her power to get him back. The reason they split up was she cheated on him with three different men and abandoned him and the baby. Now he allows her to still see their child, and she tells her she hates me, and my baby. What is wrong with her? Talk about crazy!!
  • my boyfriend has custody of his two boys from a previous marriage. one is three and the other will be two this month. dhs took them away from there bio mom when the youngest was only four months old so I'm the only mom they no, but when she found out I was pregnant she kept telling me that she hoped my baby would die and I didn't deserve to have his kid and that if I did have it, it was going to be the ugliest baby in the world. talk about immature, and she's loosing her parental rights to all of her kids...
  • @heather you are definitely right when you said some need to be commited and/or medicated. there are some crazy exs out there that will try and say anything to ruin something good.
  • Ive been there but mine was a lil different, I had a lil girl and kicked out the dad for cheating, he moved in with her,so when it came to my daughter she wanted to be the mom, well he ,cheated on her with me an I thought I was prego, well that day she called me cus she thought somethings was going on so I told her, well she tryed to be saying she was prego and started to dress an act like me even cut an died her hair, was nuts well luckyly I wasnt prego by him again then she stoped,,, but ever since then she wont let him have anything todo woth his kid, its been 5 years now an still nothing,,,the last time he talked to my daughter she told me I needed to grow up,,, come on
  • @mommy2be711 ur right about them ruining good things. My fiances ex started emailing me horrible letters and leaving messages on my house phone when she found out about me. She had her boyfriend and his kids living with her. What is that?!
  • Wow, i am glad I am not the only one. Some of these woman are seriously nuts and need help. I just cannot wait to see what this woman does next, so I can Lmao at her!!!!
  • I have to admit that i was a crazy ex but my ex didnt get his girl pregnant cuz she is like 40 years old.....he started cheating me when i was 6 months pregnant with his baby and nobody told me until she was like 4 months old and i went crazy i found out she was stalking my myspace which i never go on anymore so i started blasting all of his business to let her know that he is a liar and that she was paying my rent....he got so mad now his entire family disowned him and he does not see his kid but my psycho phase was justified lol
  • I'm 24 n got baby due. His ex is gonna go spare when she finds out especially when her son wants to change his name to fit in with us n baby lol
  • Wow...some girls r crazy. I never had a problem with my fiances ex. I hope I never do!!
  • My husband's ex was nuts when they first split to the point where she was stalking me and him, threatening both of us, and hit me (lightly) with a car. It was awful. But then she started dating someone else and suddenly everything was fine. We get along ok now, and both of our pregnancies since have been at the same time. We actually do really well, thankfully. Sometimes it gets better, ladies. Then again, sometimes they stay psycho bitches. I hope it doesn't get too ugly for you all.
  • Sometimes craziness is justified, but not very often. I just wish this woman would act like she was divorced, and not like they just split up a month ago. It's been four years, get over yourself!!! I just hope I never will turn into a crazy ex.
  • My boyfriends ex is also a wild woman! .. but is finally calming down. They have a son together, who I absolutely adore. But I would NEVER even thinl of replacing his mother, that doesn't mean I don't want him to respect me as his future stepmom tho. Me & my boyf have been together for 2yrs & the boy is 3. The exgirlfriend thinks its cute to send the little boy to us more than normal because (& I quote) im "pregnant & can't go out anyways, so why not babysit" so she can go be bar scum. Little does she know, I love spending time with him & what she's doing isn't hassling me one bit. I wish girls acted like women!
  • I agree with you entirely. I love my boyfriends daughter to death. She is a wonderful, good hearted little girl!! I just feel bad that she does not understand why me and her crazy mother do not like another. I never say anything negative about her mother, but her mother never holds back about me. Everytime her mom wants us to have her extra time, I jump on it because I love her to death and wish she was with us more!!
  • My bfs three year old was getting dressed so we could take him to his mom and he asked yet and I said cuz those were the rules his mom made and he asked if we didn't want him anymore and I got so mad because every time we asked to keep him longer she says no
  • My fiancee ex found out I was pregnant, got pregnant herself, lost it... and is now taking him to court for more child support
  • The funny thing is, she acts like our friend to our face.
  • Ughhh! I'm dreading this! My bfs ex wife took him to court shortly after she found out about him dating me, she didn't win. Now I'm pregnant and we are buying a house. I don't like drama. I would prefer if she and I could be friends, but that will never happen cuz she and my bf despise each other :(
  • its horrible, but the exes are only jealous because they failed & we got the best of our men.
  • Haha I like that! They didn't want them when they had them and now that they are happy, they either want to destroy it or they want them back!
  • @futuremrsrowlson
    My husband's old coworker is like that. She's nice to him when he's around, but talks smack about him when he isn't there, especially now that he's quit. One of his friends who still works there called her out on it and made her look stupid in front of everyone else. Good luck with his crazy ex!
  • My bf's ex really hasn't been too crazy but I just hate the fact that she isn't a good mother. We have full custody of her daughter and son. She maybe sees them once every couple weeks because she's more worried about getting high than seeing them. I love them to death but his daughter has started to resent me because we are having a little girl. I kno its because of the way her mother is....
  • My boyfriend ex cheated on him with hi bestfriend since birth. Moved out. He asked if they should try to wor it out for their kids sake. she said they would never be together fr him to get it through his head. Fast forward several months. She finds out about me. Tries telling him she loves him. He turns her down. The a week later she finds out I'm over when the girls are over. Comes with her family furious causing a scene takes the girls and disapears over a month. My bf had seen his girls everyday of their life a very attentive good father. So they go to court and he got them back in his life.but she starts drama whenever she can. Him andi are eight weeks pregnant I can only imagine the drama when she finds out. Ughhhh
  • Good luck!!! Missmommy28 your situation sounds a lot like mine. Weird! Lol