serious help!

edited March 2011 in Teen moms
i am only 17 bout to be 18 in like two more months im around 7 weeks pregnant and i don't know how to tell my mom and dad when just two days ago they told me they didn't want me to get pregnant anytime soon and im so scared to tell them because i feel like i disappointed them :\

Comments

• Thats a normal way to feel. But you must remember it's gonna b hard at the longer you wait. You can never disappoint your parents jus let them down a little bit trust your mom and father will be okay with it after while mines sure where.
  • I'm sure there will be an initial freak out but then they should be ok and want the best for u and try to help u out. Its how my parents were. But don't wait, it'll just get worse. Plus the sooner u tell them the sooner u can get an ob. Good luck
  • I'm 23 and was scared to tell my parents! After I did they were happy. In all honesty, they almost have to be happy ya know? Sure, they can be upset and give you the "your future is so important" talk...but soon enough they'll be bringing lil onsies home for your baby on the way! The way I look @ it is, your gna have to tell them sooner or later, so take a deep breath, remember who you are, what your bringing into this world, and be strong girl! You can do it, many young women do it everyday:) go get em girl:)
  • Tell them before ur 12week scan, that way they can sorta get over the initial shock/dissapointment, then when they see ur baba on that scan picture they may be happy/excited. Thats when my mum sort of got over it. Good luck hun, everything will turn out fine xx
  • I texted my mom while she was at work and I was at my boyfriends! Haha
  • @AlmostThere thanx(: your right !
  • @dobiemomma THNX(: i think i am gonna tell her when i need to get my ultra soun because i already made my appt with my ob/gyn since i went to him b4 i got preggo but i was suppose to be on birth control pills so my period cud become regular but sadly that didn't work out and bam here i am i think now im a little scared of my ob/gyn he might yell at me for not taking the birth control lol (sorry about the tmi)
  • @tennille74 thanx for the encouragement your right i will have to tell them sooner or later (:
  • @Louisesfirstbaba thanx i hope my mom does because i think out of all this she will be the most dissapointed
  • @zekesmomma1 wow lol i wish i cud but i know i am not gonna get a nice reply when she gets home lol
  • Exactlllyy.. Haha she called me once she was off and told me to get home right away. Where surprisingly, she didn't yell a whole lot, but talked to me with my sisters for about a good two hours. Ha
  • I cried before my mom could that way she couldn't yell at me lol (I was 15) but I told my aunt and it got around to my parents on its own..but I'm 20 with my own house car job ect. And was still just as nervous to tell my mom...I still haven't told my dad brother our anyone else I told my son who I was even scared to tell and he just said well mommy I want a baby boy no no no two baby boys there's twins in your belly! Lmao
  • @zekesmomma1 omg i hope when i tell her she doesnt do that or maybe she takes me for a car ride to talk to me everytime she needs to talk to me were always in a car for some reason lmao and alone so i hate it because its akward and i feel like she might just go nuts on me and crash or something
  • @Tagensmommy wow girls like you or i should say young women inspire me (: for being so strong and independent ! i admire u(: but gosh its just scary because were so young and they expect to do so much better in life
  • Exactly! Were stronger than people give us credit for so did you talk to her yet??
  • @Tagensmommy not yet i want to to wait a little since my grandparents are here and they talk mad shit and i want to avoid that so im waiting til they leave back to mexico lol but i plan to. maybe even sooner since im still 17 and she will need to sign papers since she is the insurance holder
  • Good luck either do it after your first ultrasound or take her. She may be disappointed but she will still love you and her grandbaby. Let us know how it goes.
  • that sucks hunny good luck
  • you should just be honest . maybe talk to one of your parents first rather than both together , but my parents were mad and im 18 just because myy dumb sister beat me to telling them . just be honest sweetie and in the end remember your blessed to be pregnant :)
  • I was scared to tell my two children that my very first guy I started to date after 16years of only being with thier father, got me pregnant after a month of having sex. I'm 34 should no better..but hun, parents or anyone else your scared to tell end up surprising you. Tell them asap.Lol I hid this pregnancy from kids for nearly 20w. Even lied to dd when she said mom u look pregnant. Now that everything is out in the open, they are dealing..some days good some days they are sarcastic and downright insulting.
  • @geelow congrats!!! I'm almost 23 and I found out I was preg Dec 9th. I was 6 weeks. :) my mom was with me in Walmart and I was like " omg I'm a few weeks late." She's like "get a.test but I pray you're not.." I didn't think i was but got one anyway cause my bf and I always wanted one. Well I took the test and immediately two lines showed and screamed "OH MY GOD...MOM COME HERE!!!" Lmao so me hiding it didn't go well. After the crying and "wait till your dad hears" she was so happy the next day. :-D we just went to look at clothes and she cried when she saw my baby on the screen at my 9 week ultrasound.

Just remember - it doesn't really matter how old we are... a parent will always see you as their baby (ill be 23 in may) but God is the giver of life and you're having this baby for a.reason. pls keep me posted :) After the shock, your family will be just as excited as you. Love ya! >:D<