risks of skateboarding while prego?

edited April 2011 in July 2011
So I have been skating for almost four years. Not trick skate but long distance fast longboarding skating. It keeps me in great shape and I love it more than anything! I know its dangerous to skate since I'm prego because I could fall...but is there are other reason it would be dangerous like because every push shakes the baby? Or rough road I go on shakes him. I'm 6 months prego and have probly skated 10 times total since I was 2 months... I'm just as likly to fall walking as I am skaating....? Anybody have ideas? I don't wanna give it shaken baby syndrom in the womb...

Comments

• Lol i dnt think the shaking or rocking will bother the little one bcuz some women go running n have sex lol but falling is a big risk. I think u have more of a chance of falling while skating then walking. Then again ive never skate boarded in my life
  • Skating is a second nature for me I trust myself but ya I was thinking about joggers and bumpy sex haha and there seems to be no worries there. I think yesterday was my last skate day cuz now my balance is becoming an issue...so I guess falling is more likely. Thanx tho I was worried about the shaking and times I have to stop fast cuz after I skate the baby moves a lot and I have slight ligament pains....
  • If you fall from skating the impact would be worse than falling from walking because youre going a faster speed. I would think t
  • Oops..i wouldnt think it would be a good idea but to each its own.
  • Ive actually heard that babies like the rocking. It soothes them i guess. The baby can jus be excited thats y its moving a lot after but if u get pain after jus quit for a little while. N wow ur balance is jus becoming an issue?! Lucky u! I had trouble putting on a pair of jeans since i was 4 months lol
  • I snowboard while pregnant. Dr said 2nd trimester is the best time to do it. If you fall baby is big enough so nothing will happen yet is surrounded and cushioned by fluids. Your call, and is ask your dr.
  • Lol, i quit boarding when i was pregnant with my first one, my bd took my board and broke it in half. I was heartbroken. He was worried id fall, even though i was good. Sadly, i havent picked up one since. Almost 5 years now... :(
  • Thanks guys ur thoughts really help out. @pregnantlettemama Omg! That is so sad :( he didn't have to break it he could of hid it from u or somthin I would be so sad. At least it showed he cared a lot cuz he was so worried! U should go for a skateafter the baby, at least one...your soul will thank u.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.