About to take a bath. Please help.

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
I'm having the joint pains already. Right at my crotch. With my first I didn't have this until the third trimester but I'm not even 15 weeks and they're already here. So I'm gonna take a bath with epsom salt and I want it to be hot to see if it will help. I was thinking that if I don't put enough water to reach my belly it would be okay. Does that make sense? Or is it still a bad thing to have very hot water even it's not over my belly??

Comments

• It's fine as long as your body temp doesn't get high. Bath water cools quickly and you won't be 100% submerged so you are fine. Your bath water probably won't be too insanely hot, anyway. Enjoy your bath and relax! :)
  • Oh, it's all about my body temp? All this time I thought it was just about heating up the baby with the water over my stomach. Some kinda mom I am. Oops. Thanks for letting me know this
  • You're fine as long as you keep your temp under 102 if you start to feel overly hot ans sweaty cool off a little. I take baths so hot I look like a cooked lobster when I get out of corse my belly is to big to cover now I also spend a little tome in the hot tub a couple times a week go to mayoclinic.com they have great information on hot water its under pregnancy and hot tubs just put it in the search
  • Thanks camommy! I just read up on it and am gonna go run my water now but get out in 10 minutes or if I start to sweat. Yay!! :)